Chapter 6: The Analyst

I held onto Elira as she cried. I needed to figure out a solution quickly, something to keep the effect of Ninurta's magic at least until I can find someone to love her as much as I do.

What can sustain the power of magic? Chad has that kind of magic.

"Elira, if there was, I would in a heartbeat, you know your happiness means so much to me, but this is the only way," I said my heart heavy.

"It's my heart! Why do –"I look at her sternly and she sighs.

"That's the point Elira, it's your heart that will stop beating and that's why you need to love someone," I wish it was me, but I can't tell you how I truly feel.

    We all stood quiet, the tension in the room was heavy on all our hearts. The Princess – no, our dearest friend was dying and the only solution was something that we couldn't do for her.

"A kiss on the hand daily?" Chad speaks up and we all look at him, "Will it work?" Ninurta asks, "We'll find out tomorrow," a calmer Elira says, all eyes on her.

"What time is it?" Elira asked wiping her tears looking at Chad.

"It is 4:48," Chad says.

     Elira nods and stands up, I try to assist her and she shakes her head.

     "I have to get changed to meet up with Selwyn for my horse riding lesson at 5," She walks over to her closet, "I need to change," she took out her clothes and laid them on her bed. The three of us, I, Ninurta, and Chad exchange glances.

"I'll be fine, go guard the door," Elira said, we sighed, but compiled.

"You go ahead," I said to the two as they went out the door.

"Tris, I'm fine, the balcony doors are closed and the windows are closed too, Ninurta and –" I kiss her forehead and stared at her in the eyes. Her blue eyes with grey rings stared back at me.

"How's your heart?" Elira looked at me confused and then she quickly blinks her eyes.

"It's okay," she replied and I nodded, "But I thought –"I ruffled her hair, smiling.

"Go on and get changed, I'll accompany you," I left the room.

     I close the door and saw Ninurta and Chad standing guard on each side of the door like they usually do.

     "Why didn't you tell her?" Chad asks as I walk away from the door and lean against the wall opposite of her door. Tell her that I've loved her ever since we were kids?

"You know I can't," I pinch the bridge of my nose frustrated. I can't because she had to marry either my brother Prince Basil or Prince Jivan; the heirs of Nura.

"You were the one babbling that she needed to love someone more than a friend," Chad scolds and I glare at him. I know that, but it can't be me.

     I was about to counter what he said, but then Sigmund, the General's son was walking towards us. All three of us stood up straight and saluted.

"At ease," He commanded and we put our hands behind our backs our feet parted slightly.

"Report updates?" Sigmund asked Chad. Chad looked at me briefly and I shook my head. Sigmund looks at me, I look straight ahead into the hallway to avoid his hard stone stare.

"No, sir," Chad replied.

     Sigmund just nodded and walked away. As soon he was out of sight we all exhaled and looked at each other.

     "Why didn't we tell him?" Chad asks looking at me and Ninurta.

"Because we all know, it's a big issue," I said.

"But, isn't that the point?" Chad asks confused.

     I was about to open my mouth when Elira came out.

     "I'm glad you didn't tell Serious Sigmund," Elira said and we all looked at her surprised, "I heard you as I was about to open the door," we all nodded.

"You're also not going to tell my parents," she said and I had to disagree.

"No, we have to," I said and she looked at me annoyed.

"You should've told Sigmund then, he would've directly told them," she rolled her eyes and I shake my head. She's already cursed and still has the guts to act sarcastic.

"Two weeks," I said and she looked at me confused.

"In two weeks you have to find someone to love or I'm telling them myself," Elira's jaw drops. Even if it's not my brother, it's okay as long you live, but it can't be me as my duty as a prince.

"You can't possibly –"

"Two weeks, Elira," I turn my back facing her and walk in the direction of the gateway. "I will even help you, just please live."

"Tris," She said standing in front of me and I just stared at her blankly, "Fine," she said giving up and walked ahead ignoring me along the way to meet Selwyn.

     I'm sorry, but I can't let you die. If you have to love someone who isn't me to continue living, then so be it.

A/N: Hey! A double update, because why not?

Chad and Ninurta, seem to be aware of Tristan's feelings, do you think Chad and Ninurta have feelings as well? As for Elira, are you surprised at how quickly she composed herself? Do you think she should've sulked in her bedroom instead? Elira is about to meet with Selwyn, excited to meet him too? Tristan always mentions how much he loves Elira, but why isn't he saying it? Does he really love her? Do you think two weeks is enough to fall in love with someone? Do you think Elira will find someone?

Remember if you have any questions, just ask, I don't bite.

Take care always! Love you, fighting!