Chapter 31: The Healer

My father King Scirocco, requested that I accompany King Aris in their meeting. It's been a while since I visited my own kingdom. Being in Stigary reminded me that I am a prince, with civilians greeting me so formally. In Euria, people were aware I was a prince, but next to Elira, I was just her trusted bodyguard, which I preferred.

     "Prince Ninurta! How are you?" a fairy-girl with dark blue hair greets me.

"Amaya?" she nodded, "Wow, you've grown into a beautiful fairy."

     Her whole body flushed pink.

     "Thank you, your Highness," she bowed and flew to her fairy-friends.

     They looked towards my direction and I waved at them, they started giggling.

     "Looks like you still make the fairy-girls swoon, young brother," Basil walks towards me for a hug.

"Basil," I smile at him and we hug, "how's running the kingdom?"

"Same as always," he says and I nodded.

"Where's Tristan?" he asks looking over my shoulder, expecting to see Tristan behind me.

"Where do you think?" I smirked.

"Ah, still the same lovesick puppy, following Elira?" he raised his eyebrow.

"You have no idea," I shake my head and we walk into the castle together.

     As we were walking in the halls, I saw there were a lot of flowers everywhere.

     "What's the occasion?" I asked looking at the decorations. Fairies and pixies flying around, putting them up.

"Oh, you know father, he wants to prepare for the engagement party," he said looking at a fairy-girl with light pink hair arranging flowers.

"Engagement?" I look at him and he lets out a sigh.

"Let's talk in the terrace," he said and led the way.

     I followed him towards the staircase leading up to the second floor until we reached the third floor and walked out to the terrace. The cool breeze that passes by being high up in the sky felt refreshing. I walk to the railings and I can see the view of Euria on side right side and Bethescene on the left. Both kingdoms looking extremely different from one another.

Euria was like a beautiful and sweet girl with a strong sense of power. Bethescene was like a confident and passionate boy with a soft heart.

     Basil leans on the railings, "He believes Elira will choose me," he said.

I look at him, "Don't you want that?"

     His eyes were focused on the same light pink haired fairy-girl, who was now in the garden below us.

     "I don't really know what I want," the girl looks up and she smiles at Basil, he smiles back waving.

"What do you mean?" he turns to look at me.

"I never really cared who I should marry as long I did my responsibilities as the Grand Prince of Stigary," he turned, that his back was leaning on the railings, as he stared at the sky, "I'm not complaining, but lately I feel pressured to marry someone I don't love."

"I always thought you were fine with the traditions and rules," I said as a young dragon flew by.

"I did, but someone ..." he turned around to looking at the fairy girl again.

"Is she that someone?" I asked as she walked farther from our sight.

"What? No way," he said and walked away from the railings and sat down on one of the chairs placed on the terrace.