Chapter 33: The Knight

A/N: Jimin as Chad!

Thanks Annie!

TWT: taennie_1

IG: jalnni

Enjoy reading!

-

June 17, 2018 - 4 days before the ball

     It was 10 pm and I was with Sigmund in the castle's training grounds improving my sword skills.

     "You're getting better, but you shouldn't be emotional with your actions," Sigmund said as our swords clashed.

"I know, you want to get better for Elira's protection, but you have to rest too," Sigmund bent down, to trip me using his left leg, but I jump to the right before he could.

"There's no time for rest, the ball is in a few days, someone may try to kill her then," I try to break Sigmund's defense, but he just used his sword to deflect all my offensive attacks.

"We're all trying our best, but you can't tire yourself out, what if someone tries to kill Elira at this moment?" he asked, as he hit me with his hilt on my face.

     I shake my head, to shake off the dazed feeling.

     "I'll be ready to kill them," I said going for a swing and he jumps back.

"No, you'd be too tired and end up dying instead," he said kicking my stomach, making me bend down.

He put his sword against my neck, "Just a moment of weakness, you'll be dead." He put the sword away and offered his hand, I refused and stood up on my own.

"Don't be stubborn, Chad," he said as I went back to a fighting stance, "Fine," he went back to a fighting stance.

"If I beat you, you will stop," he said and I nodded.

     I advanced, but he turned around me and hit me with the hilt of the sword on my back, making me fall on to my knees.

      "You lose," he put the sword against my neck once again, "just for today, rest." He offered his hand again.

      I stare at him for a while and sighed, I knew he was right, I grabbed his hand and he helped me up.

     "Thanks," I said putting my sword in my sheath.

"Welcome,"

      We both head back inside the castle.

     "It's our shift to guard Elira?" I asked as we took off our armor in the armory.

"Yeah, but Ninurta and Javier, won't leave their post until we arrive," I helped Sigmund take off his armor.

"How are you so calm all the time?" we walked out of the armory.