Chapter 80: The Knight

March 20, 2019

"Chad, could you escort Elira to the Aiden Garden?" Mother asked as she helped me with my suit.

"Yes, Queen Veron," she raised her eyebrow at me, "Mother, sorry," I smiled embarrassedly.

She smiled at me shaking her head, "It's alright, and we have a lot of catching up to do."

When everything turned back to normal. Elira convinced me to tell our parents that I was their son. Ever since then, I was trying my best to adapt to being a Prince within the castle. The citizens of Nura have yet to find out about a long lost Prince, for now, they had a Royal wedding to witness.

     I softly knocked on Elira's door, "Come in."

"Mother asked me to – wow," I said as I saw the back of my sister in her wedding gown she slowly turned to look at me, "You look beautiful."

"Thanks, Chad," she smiled, "Mother asked?"

I shake my head, "I'm going to escort you to the garden," I walked to her offering my elbow she nodded.

She wrapped her hand around my elbow, "They're already at the venue," I said leading her to the garden door. Cassidy and Kirstein were holding her dress from the back.

"It's really happening," she said as we arrived at the garden heading for the castle gates where a carriage was waiting for us. I guided her as we walked on the pavement.

"Having second thoughts?" I asked.

"I'm just really overwhelmed," she said as we reached the castle gates the guards greet her.

     Elira lets go of me and got on the carriage, Cassidy and Kirstein continue to help Elira with her dress.

     I get inside the carriage, sitting opposite of her, "Don't tell me you feel like crying."

     The coachman pulled on the ropes and the horses started to move.

     She giggled shaking her head, "I don't, well not yet anyway."

"Good, save it for later," I said and she nodded.

"By the way, your hair looks great on you," she said, "Or was it Mother?" she raised her eyebrow.

"You think so? Well she did suggest it, but I personally like it as well," I said and she smiled.

"Short hair looks great on you," she smiled.

"Thank you," I smiled.

     Yesterday while I was helping with the final touches for Elira's wedding, Queen Veron suggested that I get my hair cut for the occasion. Which I was actually considering, all I was thinking was how the others were going to tease me.

     "I'm sure they'll like it," Elira said and I glared at her, "What? We're siblings," she put her tongue out at me.

"Doesn't mean you can read my mind whenever you wanted to," I said and she just shrugged.

"You'll be fine," I smiled at her.

"You think so?"

"Well unless you want to change your mind and marry Tristan instead we could just –"

"Chad!" she said and I chuckled.

"What can I say? I was rooting for you and my best friend," I shrugged and she shook her head.

"Well, that best friend of yours was a little too late,"

"You don't have to remind me! If you only knew the conversations I had with him about you. It was exhausting, he talked about you non-stop when he could," I said and she giggled, "How do you feel about it though? Not marrying Tristan?"

"I'm fine with it. After everything that happened, I'm sure of who I love and who I want to marry," she smiled.

"That's great," I said putting it lightly. As I watch her look at our surroundings with a smile on her face, I felt proud of her.

     She went through a lot of pain and her she was, she was surer of what she wanted in life and she wasn't going to hesitate to get it. There was this sense of renowned independence, she was growing into a finer lady.

There was something about how she looks at things now, it was as if her eyes were brighter. The way she was looking at the things around her, it's as if she was trying to take it all to memory. That was Elira, the girl who didn't want to forget any moment, whether big or small, she wanted to cherish it all.

A/N: Wedding bells.