Chapter 73: The Artist

December 26, 2018

     "Are you sure you want to talk to her?" Mother asked blocking the door to the dungeon.

"I just want to ask her something, I'll be fine," I smiled at her, "Besides, she can't do anything anymore."

     I walked down the spiral stairs, to the dungeon. To meet her once again, this time I was at an advantage.

     "Princess Elira," one of the guards said looking surprised as I reached the dungeon's main door.

"Open the door," I said. He and the other guard step aside and opened the door, "I won't be long. If I'm not out within 30 minutes, come and get me, okay?"

"Yes, your majesty!" they saluted and I walked inside. I hear them lock the door again.

"You came to visit, how kind of you," she smirked as I walked closer to her cell.

     There were empty cells left and right, and she was held in a cell at the middle.

     "You've looked better," I said and she glared at me.

Her hands and feet were chained to the wall, "I'll get out of here," she tried to move closer to me.

"Sure," I said as I was right in front of her cell.

"Spit it out, I'm sure you didn't come here to visit me," she smirked.

"How are you still alive?" I asked and she laughed.

She closed her eyes and then opened them again. Her eyes ... They were purely black, making me take a step back, "Do I scare you?" she smirked.

"No," I said taking in a deep breath, "You don't scare me at all."

She closed her eyes again and it was back to being normal, "You've heard of albums, right?"

I nodded my head, "So you're an album?"

"Not quite. This is still my original body," she smiled.

"Then what are you?"

"Do you want to know what I am? Or how am I alive?" she tilted her head, "I may be chained up here, but I have more knowledge about this world around you."

"Quit trying to play games," she's infuriating!

"But that's all I can do," she chuckled, "Unless you loosen up these chains, maybe I'll tell you all you want to know."

I stared at her and her eyes went black again. This time I wasn't surprised, "Rumors went around you've eaten people," I said and she smiled.

"Looks like you're not just a dumb and weak princess after all," she laughed, "You should try it sometime," she licked her bottom lips.

"You're disgusting," I said and she glared at me.

"I'm disgusting? Do you even know how drows existed?!" she shook the chains, "That great-great-great-grandmother of yours did this to me!"

"You did this to yourself!" I shouted and she laughed.

"You inherited it," she smiled.

"Inherited what?!"

"You actually think that Mavetamulor is a curse that can be given?" she smiled.