Chapter 19: The Analyst

I was sat on a chair placed between the space of Chad's and Cassidy's beds. I look at the both of them and they didn't seem to have any physical bruises. I touch them lightly and there were no signs of any problems inside them either. They were just unconscious, seems like that's the only thing the person meant to do.

But, who would go through such lengths to harm Elira?

To add up to the messy situation, Sigmund knows, by this rate everyone in the castle will know. So much for keeping it a secret. However, it wasn't so bad that Sigmund knows, he'd definitely help with giving Elira extra protection, much to Elira's dismay.

Everything that has happened, up until now, wasn't just all of a sudden. Someone definitely had an agenda with Elira. Whoever was behind this knew their way around the castle and knew Elira's lifestyle. It couldn't be someone from Bethescene like I first suspected. The person would not only need access inside the castle but also had to be close with Elira. Making everyone dear to Elira a suspect, even me. I shouldn't share this idea with anyone, I'd have to investigate by myself.

Chad's eyes slowly opened, catching my attention, "Tris?" he said his voice a bit husky.

"How are you feeling?" I asked holding his hand.

"Where's Elira?" he suddenly sat up and I gesture him to lie back down.

"She's fine, Ninurta and Sigmund are with her," I said and he nodded.

"That's a relief," he smiles.

"You should continue to rest," I said and he shook his head.

"No, I'm fine. I should be with Elira as well," he said rushing to get out of bed. When he stood up, he sat back down, shook his head and blinked. He was dizzy, "Okay, maybe not," he chuckled and I laughed at my best friend.

"You are not just her bodyguard, she's your friend and she would want you to rest," I reminded and he smiled widely at that.

"You're right," he said lying back down.

"What happened to you?" I asked and he had a blank look, "Chad?" I called for his attention, but he was just blankly staring towards the ceiling. Something he did, when he was confused.

"I-I actually don't know," he said looking at me confused, "The last thing I remember was ..." he looked towards the bed Cassidy was lying on and his eyes sparkled, "Cassidy was flying quite fast towards me and then ... and then," he sat up straight and stared at the cabinet in front of him, "I don't remember," he said looking at me and I nodded in understanding.

Maybe Sigmund could help.

"That's alright, you should rest," I said offering him a smile and he smiled back.

We both looked at Cassidy, who was sleeping soundly.

"She's fine," I commented.

Chad may be one of the strongest fighters of Euria, but he was extremely emotional at times, which would cloud his judgment.

"How are they?" Ninurta asked.

"Cassidy is still asleep and Chad just woke up," I answered.

"I just told Sigmund everything," Ninurta informed.

"Everything?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied, I sighed.   

"Were you talking with Ninurta?" Chad asked and I nodded.

"You should go back to sleep," I stood up, "I'm going to research more about the curse," Chad nodded and I left the infirmary.