Chapter 39: The Ball

The vast ballroom of cream white and gold with silver accents was decorated beautifully by the elves working in the castle. Sunflower pots were placed near the entrance to greet guests. A simple white and yellow archway was at the bottom of the staircase that led towards the dance floor. A dark red carpet was upon the staircase, as well-dressed elves walk on it. There are twelve round tables, 6 placed on the right and left, and one long rectangular table place in the middle reserved for The Royals. The tables accommodated 10 elves per table a total of 120 elves from all three kingdoms were invited to the ball. The skylight was cleaned vigilantly to show the astonishing starry night sky. The stars twinkled above the ball as if greeting the elves.

Elves from all three Kingdoms were entering and chattering among themselves. The women dressed in a variety of colored ball gowns and the men wore suits from the colors black, dark blue and grey, with gold accents. They greet the Royals and go back to talk to their friends. The Royals, all wore white with gold accents as tradition.

High, Noble and Grey Elves, were among the attendees, to witness Princess Elira's engagement, to either Prince Basil of Stigary or Prince Jivan of Bethescene.

There were guards in every corner of the room. Howard the General of Euria, stood behind King Aris and Queen Veron. Chad stood behind Elira's seat awaiting for her arrival.

As everyone was talking and gathering in the ballroom, Princess Elira was outside the doors with Prince Ninurta.

"Do you need a moment?" Prince Ninurta asked.

Princess Elira shakes her head, "Goodbye, freedom."

She nodded her head towards the guards and they slowly opened the doors.

A trumpet sounds to announce the Princess Elira's arrival. She smiled widely as the announcer declared her arrival, "Elira, the Princess of Euria has arrived! Escorted by Ninurta, the Prince of Stigary!"

Everyone rose from their seats clapping their hands. Princess Elira and Prince Ninurta curtsy, and made their way down to the dance floor. They were accompanied by Sigmund playing the piano.

Elf of every Kingdom and stature had their eyes on Princess Elira in her magnificent blue dress that matched her gorgeous blue eyes with grey rings. Her hair styled into a braid with her diamond tiara (that she didn't wear often), placed carefully on her head.

 Her hair styled into a braid with her diamond tiara (that she didn't wear often), placed carefully on her head

"I told you looked beautiful," Ninurta said through smiling teeth as they reached the center.

"I feel like I'll melt with everyone's gaze on me," Elira said smiling, her jaw hurting.

They reached the center and Elira and Ninurta let go of each other. They bowed towards each other and Ninurta gently takes Elira's left hand, they first turned around smiling at everyone. They then stopped facing The Royals.

King Aris and Queen Veron smiled at their daughter, and the Princes were in awe of Elira's beauty. Elira and Ninurta bowed towards them.

Prince Jivan's eyes were on Princess Elira ever since she came into the room. Never taking his eyes off her.