Chapter 67: The Artist

"Elira, please come out," Sigmund said behind my bedroom door.

"Just leave me alone," I said.

     It looks like I'll be spending my day in my bed, again.

     "Elira," Chad called.

"I want to be alone," I said.

"You know we can't do that," he said and I sighed.

"Is Tristan coming?" I asked.

      He said Tristan would be coming, and that was 3 hours ago.

      "I'm sure, he's on his way," Chad said.

     I got out of bed to open the door, starling Sigmund and Chad.

     "Where's Ninurta?" I asked and they both look at each other.

"He left a while ago," he said and I felt something wasn't right.

"Where did he go?" I asked.

"Elira," we turned our heads to see Ninurta walking towards us weakly.

"Ninurta!" I ran towards him and he collapsed, "Ninurta, speak to me, what happened?"

Sigmund and Chad were standing behind me, "I'm sorry," he said and I just stared at him.

"What are you talking about?" his eyes were closing, "Ninurta!"

"Forgive me," he said and he went unconscious.

"Sigmund, bring him to the infirmary," I said.

"Chad, I think something happened to Tristan," I said standing up, "We have to find out."

     We were about to walk outside the castle when guards from Bethescene came barging in with Queen Jean and King Elden.

     "Queen Jean and King Elden," I said and they looked at me with blank expressions.

"Where is our son?" Queen Jean asked looking around.

I saw my Mother and Father walk down the stairs, "What seems to be the problem?" my father asked.

"Our son Jivan, he was kidnapped," King Elden said and I just stared at them.

"What?" I stared at my parents who looked just as shocked.

"We assure you, we don't know where Prince Jivan is," my mother said, "What makes you think we have him?"

"Because Prince Ninurta was the one who took him. Where is Ninurta? Let me speak to him," Queen Jean was about to walk towards the stairs.

I blocked her way, "Ninurta has nothing to do with Jivan."

"With all due respect Elira, get out of my way," Queen Jean said and suddenly more guards barged in.

King Scirocco and Basil came in, "Where's Tristan?"

We all stared at each other, "Everyone in the throne room," my father said and we followed, walking towards the throne room together.

The atmosphere was heavy when we entered, "Elira, do you know where Ninurta is?" my father asked and I looked at Chad.

"He's in the infirmary with Sigmund," Chad replied for me.

"Thank you," I said and he Chad held my hand.

"Why is Ninurta in the infirmary?" King Scirocco asked.

"We don't know," Chad said.

I couldn't speak, I didn't know what was going on.

"Let me speak with him," King Elden said.