Chapter 15: The Artist

"Where am I?" I walk on a path within a forest I wasn't familiar with. Everything seemed so bright and there were pixies flying from flower to flower. "Tristan?" I see someone peak behind a tree and I follow them.

As I approach the tree, no one was there. I feel someone's gaze on my left. I quickly look, and I see Selwyn he turns around and runs.

"Are you guys playing hide and seek with me?" I smile and ran towards the direction Selwyn went, he turned to the right and I lost him.

"Hey, you guys! This isn't fair!" I whine as I look from left to right, and then I see a path leading me to a field of lavenders, I follow the path and then I see Tristan and Selwyn waving far away.

"How did you get there?" They don't answer they just gesture me to go to them. I start running towards them, but then my surroundings start to darken and a cold breeze passes through me.

"Tristan! Selwyn!" I shout, but their figures slowly disappear.

"No!" I shout and everything around me darkens, I close my eyes and I open them again, I was in my bedroom.

"It was just a dream ..." I said breathing heavily, I put my palm on my heart and it was beating fast.

I look at my surroundings and I was definitely in my bedroom.

"Ninurta? Chad?" I call out, but no one answers.

I pull the covers off me and I get out of bed and walked towards the bedroom doors. I open them and I check each side Ninurta and Chad weren't standing guard, no one was. I look into the hallway and it's dark. I close the doors and walk back into my room. It was too quiet.

"Where could they be?" I say out loud as I walk towards the balcony doors, but suddenly I shiver at the touch of the handles. Mustering all the courage I had, I burst it open and there was nothing.

But it still felt eerie, I felt so alone. I look up at the sky and see the full moon shining brightly.

"Elira,"I hear my name being called and I turned around and there was black figure coming towards me I freeze, I close my eyes and I open them, I'm in my room.

Ninurta was sitting on a single seat couch, fast asleep.

"I'm finally awake," I take deep breaths, trying to calm my fast beating heart, "Ninurta," I called and he stirred a bit, "Ninurta," I said a little louder and he slowly opened his eyes.

He soon widens his eyes and rushes to my side, "Are you okay?" he asked putting the back of his hand against my forehead, "Did you have a bad dream?" he asked and I nodded. He pulled me into a hug. I held onto him, trying not to cry.

     "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked and an image of the black figure flashes in my head and I shake my head. He rubbed circles on my back and it calmed me a bit, "I'm here, I'm here," He repeated, reassuring me.

We stayed like that for a while, until he pulled away.

"Can you call him over?" I asked and he nodded. I'd call Tristan myself, but since they were brothers he could just message him through his mind.

"He's on his way to the garden, will you be okay?" Ninurta asked and I nodded. But honestly, I wasn't sure, "I'll accompany you to the garden," he said and I smiled.

I go out of bed and Ninurta quickly grabbed me a coat, so I wouldn't be cold. We used the magic door that brought me directly down to the garden. It was a birthday gift from Tristan since we sneaked out to see each other at midnight in the garden often. I wasn't supposed to go out at midnight since I had a curfew, but it was the only time I was able to escape my Princess duties and just spend time with Tristan.