Chapter 29: The Artist

A/N: Meet Elira!

Thank you so much Annie! x

Twitter: taennie_
Instagram: jalnni

Enjoy reading! x
-

We just entered Tlom Thicket, we left our horses outside of the forest, knowing it would be difficult for them to go through narrow paths.

"Thanks again Elira and Tristan," Selwyn said as we walked across a river stepping on rocks.

"We haven't even reached the village yet Selwyn, don't thank us just yet," I said as Tristan held my hand as I step on the last rock and I was across the river.

"I just want to-"

"Selwyn! Watch out, spider!" I pointed at a direction and he started waving his hands around.

I burst into laughter, humans are so gullible.

"Ugh Elira!" He stomped his feet and I shrugged.

"Come on scaredy-cat," I said taking the lead. Selwyn looks at his surroundings, becoming paranoid.

Tristan pats Selwyn's shoulder suddenly and Selwyn gets startled, "Don't worry Selwyn, we'll protect you," Tristan smirks and I gave him a high five.

"I hate elves," Selwyn says and I eye him, "you heard me," I giggled and nodded.

We walked through the forest which wasn't swampy like stories in the human realm made it out to be. Yes, it was extremely green, but it wasn't the dark and disgusting kind of green. It was bright and lively, like how trolls are. They were small and friendly creatures, they may look scary, but that was it, they looked scary, but they were far from it.

The petrichor was evident in the air, meaning it just rain an hour or so. I loved the smell of forests after it rains, it was calming and soothing. I jump unto small puddles that were formed and Tristan got splashed.

"Sorry," I quickly run behind a large rock to hide.

"It's okay," I hear Tristan say and I peak through the rock and I'm met with him holding a caterpillar near my face.

I jump back, "Tristan!" I shout and he laughs. Even Selwyn was laughing, but then Tristan brought the caterpillar near him as well and he jumped back as well.

I hate caterpillars.

"Put it away!" I said standing far from him and he gently put it on a leaf.

"You do know, they turn into butterflies, which you love, right?" Tristan said walking towards me, his hands up showing he wasn't holding any.

"Your point?" I said and he shakes his head smiling.