Chapter 82: The Admirer

Elira hadn't realized I was the coachman, which made listening to her conversation with her brother, all the more entertaining.

They were talking about me, Sigmund, Tristan, and Selwyn. About our feelings and how we were, I had to make sure to have a talk with Chad, about revealing our secrets to Elira so easily.

"Do you think they'll be okay?" Elira asked, only she would ask about the feelings of others on her wedding day.

Chad chuckled, "You're asking me if they'll be okay with you marrying Jivan?"

"I know it's weird, but I still feel bad," she said and I shake my head.

I'm fine, we're fine. We just want you to be happy.

"Look, they have feelings for you Elira and those feelings don't just go away, but I assure you, they're happy for you and Jivan," Chad said.

He couldn't have said it better.

"I know that, but they all deserve to be loved," Elira until the end you still cared for our feelings, you're definitely one of a kind.

"I'm sure they're happy with the love you showed them," Chad said, "It may not be the same love they have for you, but it's still love."

I heard Elira sigh, "Sometimes I just think that maybe they would've enjoyed life better if they didn't love me," I wanted to speak up and tell her loving her was the best thing in my life.

"I think you're just sad you couldn't marry them all," Chad said and I tried to stifle my laughter.

"Maybe," Elira giggled, "But honestly, they deserve to be loved."

Chad sighed, "In an alternate universe, who would you pick to marry? Excluding Tristan, because we all know that you could've easily married him in this universe if you just wanted to," Chad said trying to sound bitter.

"Are you seriously still trying to make me guilty for not choosing Tristan?" Elira asked amusement in her voice.

"No, but are you?" Chad asked and I heard something being slapped, "Could you at least be less violent on your wedding day?" Chad whined.

"Could you be less annoying?" Elira countered.

"Sorry, it is part of being your brother," I could imagine Chad shrugged, "Anyway, pick one," Chad said.

"I'm not! That's so absurd!" Elira said and I smiled, "Besides if there are alternate universes, I'd marry each of them."

"Heard that Javier? She'd marry you in an alternate universe," I froze. Did Chad know?

"Javier?" I slowly turn my head around to look at her and waved.

"Hello Princess," she smiled.

"You were listening to us this whole time?" she raised her eyebrow, I nodded, "So when I said that I wish you didn't love me ..."

I nodded again, "It's okay, I know what you meant by it. But I want you to know, that I don't regret loving you and I can say that all of us don't regret it either. Loving you is the best thing I have ever done."

I look back at the road, "So don't ever think you ruined our lives, because saying that makes it sound like our love was in vain."

"It wasn't!" she said and I smiled.

"Exactly, so don't make it so," I said and we arrived at Aiden Garden, "We're here."

I turn to look at her, "Come on now, I wouldn't want Jivan to think I was stealing you away," she smiled.

Chad helped her down whilst Kirstein and Cassidy held her dress from the back, "I'll see you inside."

"Thanks, Javier," she said and I nod my head.

I pull on the horses to move the carriage somewhere else before the wedding started. "You two better behave," I said towards the horses and I walked to my seat next to Sigmund.

"How was she?" Sigmund asked as I sat down.

"She's beautiful as always," I sighed and he nodded.

"After today, you won't be guarding her?" I asked and he nodded.

"And you won't be giving her sword lessons?" I nodded, "Looks like we're not going to be part of her life anymore."

"I highly doubt she'd allow that to happen," I smiled remembering her conservation with Chad.

"For someone who's going to watch the person you love marry someone else, you seem happy," Sigmund said and I shrugged.

"Didn't we all agree to protect her smile?" I said and he smiled.

"We did," he smiled.

"Javier, Sigmund, go to your places," Queen Jean said and we nodded.

I walked outside to stand in line, I was part of the entourage before Elira showed herself. Sigmund went to his place by the piano.

"Everyone, will be starting in a few more moments," Queen Veron said and everyone sat down.

Catherine and other young girls were in front of me holding flower baskets, I smiled at them they were children Elira often visited and took care of when she could. They were just a small representation of how much people Elira cared for, she cared for the nation of Nura deeply, not because she was a princess, but because she was Elira.

She had a big heart, always have. Which I believed kept her alive, her love for others and the people who loved her, that's what kept her alive and that's why she's going to keep living happily.

A/N: A few more chapters.