Chapter 8: The Artist

I spent an hour and a half horse riding with Selwyn, but I couldn't enjoy it at all. My mind was too distracted by the fact I'm cursed. I thought going on a horse ride would distract that, but it didn't and all I wanted to do was cry, but I couldn't, I have to go on with my day like nothing happened. Even the beautiful sunset, couldn't lighten up my mood.

"Are you okay?" Selwyn asks as we got off our horses and walked towards the stables.

"Yeah, why?" I asked looking at him. It's not like I'm cursed or anything.

"You finally answer! Anyway, you were quiet, from your usual bubbly-self, plus you didn't pull a prank on me today," he said as he handed over the ropes of his horse to the stable boy slash Royal Advisor's son Javier, who smiled at me as he offered to take the ropes of my horse too and I shook my head, "It's okay I'll bring Chelsey in myself," Javier nodded and walked away with Henry.

"I'm just tired," I said as I walked with Chelsey to her stall, petting her head a bit.

I'm sorry, I didn't talk so much, I have a death curse on my heart, and maybe a kiss on my hand will keep my heart beating, is what I wanted to say, but I couldn't.

"Just so you know, you still look beautiful," Selwyn said and I rolled my eyes. I still look beautiful, cursed? That's good to know.

"You have never missed a day huh?" he smiled proudly and I shake my head at the dork.

"Well, you never know when they'll completely close the gateways, so I need to tell you, that you're beautiful every day I see you," my heart flutters at his words, but he's human.

"Only you Selwyn, only you," I shake my head in amusement as I close Chelsey's stall door, "See you tomorrow, girl," I said as I fed her sugar cubes.

"You sure you're alright?" Selwyn asks again as we walk out of the stables. Thank you for your concern, I really appreciate it, but I just need to be alone right now.

"I told you, I'm just tired," I forced a smile.

I almost died today.

"Elira," Tristan catches my attention walking towards me.

"I'll leave you two," Selwyn says and walks near the gateway to wait.

"Is there anything else I need to know, besides I'm cursed?"

"Looks like you're all fine now then, since you can act all snarky," Tris comments.

"I'm sorry, it's just ..." I sigh, why do I bother explaining myself?

"I get it, but you can't act like you're dying. I didn't mean to, I-"I let out a laugh and Tristan laughs as well.

"Thanks," I said.

"If you need me to say something stupid, don't worry," he winks and I roll my eyes, "Anyway, I was actually going to tell you, why not Selwyn."

A/N: Hey! HOBI'S MIXTAPE WAS FINALLY RELEASED SOOOOOOO, I'M GOING TO DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY! (OH WAIT NEXT FRIDAY IS SUGA'S BIRTHDAY AND I MIGHT DOUBLE UPDATE THEN TOO or maybe triple JSDKBAFKJFA)

Snarky, sarcastic and sassy, I love Elira, do you? Poor Selwyn whose in the dark, will he ever find out? However, if he did know the truth, do you guys have an idea how he'd react? With the past two chapters, what kind of person do you think Selwyn is? In just a few more chapters, you'll be able to meet Javier, Sigmund and Jivan. Whoever you were rooting for Elira until now, it may change once you meet them.

Take care always! Love you, fighting!