Chapter 14: The Admirer

A/N: Read the Author's note at the end.

Enjoy reading! x

-

So she is cursed.

I walk quickly to Tristan's study to find out more about the curse and Elira's condition and I find him in a mess. His whole room was upside down. Books, papers and other things were all over the floor, his chair was on it's side and the desk had nothing on top they were all on the floor.

"Tristan?" I call out, but he just frantically goes around the room.

I follow him and it looks like he hasn't acknowledged my presence.

"Tristan," I tap his shoulder and I'm met with mad eyes, "Are you okay?" he sighed heavily and shakes his head looking all over the floor.

"I have to find it," he mutters to himself. What does he need to find?

"What are you looking for?" I ask and he doesn't respond.

"Where did that dart go?" he says as he stood in the middle of the room running his hands through his hair stressfully.

The dart, oh.

"Uhm,"

"What?" he snaps and I'm startled, "The dart is in my room," he looks at me confused for a moment and walks towards me.

"Why?" he stares at me, making me extremely uncomfortable.

"I – uh," I swear, if I didn't know him better, I thought he was trying to kill me with his gaze, "I overheard Chad and Ninurta talk about a cursed dart, so I asked a pixie friend to get it for me ..." he lets out a sigh and walked away from me.

"So you know about it, huh?" he asks bitterly and I just nod my head.

One moment ago he was on the verge of going crazy and now he's calm, only Tristan the Prince of Stigary.

"You're oddly calm ..." he shrugs.

"It's not like I can do anything about you knowing about the curse anymore, now do I?" he said and I nodded.

"About that, I don't really know much ..." he sighs and brought his chair up and sat on it, closing his eyes.

"What do you want to know?" he opens his eyes looking at me.

He then went on to explain the curse. It's a death curse that stops the heart from beating almost instantly, but it only works if you use it on a person who isn't in love with someone who loves them back. Apparently, Ninurta's strong healing magic prevented that from happening, but something doesn't add up.

"Ninurta just used his magic powers and it prevented her heart to stop beating?" I asked trying to clarify and Tristan nodded.

"That doesn't make sense," I said and Tristan sighed.

"Okay, he didn't just use his healing powers, he kissed her," Tristan said not-so-happy.

"What?" I instantly ask, "He did?" Tristan nods.

"Woah," Does Ninurta like her?

"So she just needs to fall in love with someone?" Tristan nods again, feeling less engaged in our conversation.

"Is that all?" Tristan asks clearly annoyed.

"Yeah, sorry, but why doesn't she want her parents to know?" he sighs and it makes me feel uneasy.

"Because of the wedding engagement," I nodded and stood up from the chair I was sitting on.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, I'll call on some pixies to clean this up," he nodded as he stood up as well, "I'll give you back the dart as well," he shakes his head.

"No, I think it's safe if you keep it," he said and I nodded as I headed out of his room.

"By the way Javier," he said as he was about to close the door.

"Don't make a move on her," he deadpanned, shutting the door.

How did he? What?

So Elira's cursed and the only way to save her is to make her fall in love with someone? I guess I have to work hard then, it is to save her life after all.

A/N: Hey! So I have a hashtag! A lovely and loyal reader suggested that I make one. (She's also my illustrator) The hashtag is #TheCursedHeart_BTSau .

The whole point of the hashtag, is that whenever you talk about my story or wanted to draw fanart, you'll use the hashtag so I could see your post! Anyway, that's it. I hope you do use the hashtag, I'd love to read you talking about my story.

Javier and Tristan's conversation, went better than expected, didn't it? Is Javier curious that Ninurta may like Elira? or is he jealous? The way Ninurta reacted to Javier and the way Tristan reacted, do you see a difference between the two brothers?

FYI: If you have instagram, I sometimes post spoilers or hints on there. If you want to see those, you can follow me my username is ' eunic.orn '

Take care always! Love you, fighting!