Chapter 65: The Healer

A pixie informed me that there was someone waiting for me at the castle's gate.

I wonder who it is. Maybe it was just Amaya. She's been trying to talk to me lately, however, I wasn't able to. But today Chad and Sigmund were with Elira and I could spend some time to myself.

     As I approached the gate I see a girl's familiar back, "Valerie?" I called and she turned around smiling at me.

"Hi," she said and I looked at her.

"I'm sorry to sound rude, but what are you doing here?" I asked walking farther out of the gate.

"Oh right, this must be weird," she giggled, "Well, I just wanted to talk to you."

"Talk to me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I need help with something and I thought you'd be able to help me," she said and I just nodded, "Could we go for a walk?"

     I look back towards the castle, Elira will be fine.

     "Sure," I said and we started to walk towards the village.

"What do you need help with?" I asked.

"Uhm, so I live with my mother, in a forest far away from here," she said, "She's quite sick and I heard you were one of the best elves when it comes to healing magic."

"Oh. Do you want me to visit her?" I asked and she slowly nodded her head.

"I don't want to bother you, we live really far," she said and I shook my head.

"Taking care of my people is my specialty,"

"Are you sure?" she asked and I smiled at her.

"It's no problem at all," I said, "So where do you live?"

*

     We walked for two hours until we reached a small cottage in the forest I haven't been too. Strangely enough, there wasn't any sign of living creatures around.

     "She's resting inside," Valerie said as she opened the door to the cottage.

     I walk inside and a cold and eerie feeling lingered in the air, maybe it's just my imagination.

"She's inside that room," Valeria said pointing towards a door and I nodded, "I'll prepare some tea."

     As I was walking towards the door, the weird feeling got stronger.

     I knock on the door before opening it, "Hello?" I look inside it was an empty room with just a bed in the middle, "Miss?" I asked walking towards the bed.

The lady looked extremely ill, "Valerie, is that you?" her voice was hoarse and a cough left her mouth.

"Valerie is preparing tea, I'm Ninurta," I said and she slowly turned to face me.

"Oh, I know exactly who you are," she stood up and the weird feeling was coming from her.

It was her, it was, "Hello, Ninurta, I'm Malvolia, it's nice to meet you," she smiled.

     The weird feeling; it was evil.

*

     I woke up my head feeling heavy, I look at the surroundings I was in a dark room, "You're finally awake," that voice I heard it before.

"Sorry, that I had to knock you unconscious, but it was technically your fault, you weren't cooperating with me," the voice came out for the shadows.

Malvolia.

     "What did you do to me?" I felt so sluggish as I was tied to a chair.

"Just made you weak, but not enough to kill you," she caressed my face.

I move my face away from her hand, "Now, now, no need to act so resiliently. I need you to do something for me," she said smiling.

"I will never do anything for you," I said trying to get out of the ropes.

"Save your energy, my dear. We don't want to get that handsome face of yours injured, do we?" she chuckled, "My, my you're really the gullible brother."

"What do you mean?" I stare at her.

"Viola, come out," she said and I tense at the name.

Valerie came out of the shadows, "Valerie?" what was she doing here?

She shook her head, "I'm not Valerie," she said and I stared at her, "I'm Viola."

"What?" she wasn't anything like the drawings Elira showed me.

She waves her hand over her face and it showed, "This is how I really look like."

It was Viola, "You tricked me," I said and she had a blank expression.

"I was just following orders," she said.

"I plan to make my daughter the Princess of Nura, isn't she lovely?" Malvolia said.

     How did Viola fool me? Her aura was so pure, she wasn't how I expected, was she the same girl who cursed Elira? The same girl who took Elira's memories? The same girl who led Elira into the maze?

     "Viola, go and leave us. I have a thing to discuss with our guest," Malvolia said.

I watched as Viola left the room, "I'm sorry."

"Now, Ninurta, you're going to bring Tristan, Selwyn, and Jivan to me," she said.

"What makes you think I'll do that?" I glare at her.

"Oh honey, you don't have a choice," she hit me with an energy beam, but it didn't hurt me.

"Ninurta?" she asked.

"Yes, my queen," my mouth moved on its own.

     What am I saying? No!

     "That sounds better," she smiled.

     She snapped her fingers the ropes untied. I tried to move, but my body stayed still, what was happening to me?

"What are you going to do?" she asked smiling.

"Bring Tristan, Selwyn, and Jivan to you," her smile grew.

     My body stood on its own leaving the cottage, I was walking to Bethescene.

I had no control of my body.

A/N: I went to Starbucks just to update this! 😩

Please appreciate my efforts to give you regular updates 😭

Sadly, tomorrow I'll be too busy to actually update, but considering I've been updating four chapters since Wednesday, I think it's only fair you wait until next Friday for the next updates.

Take care always! Love you, fighting!