Prologue: The Sound Of Rain.

The sound of rain is a pleasant sound to hear..

Hearing it tick against the surface.

I'm just like the rain.. leaving my mark on everything I have killed.. the families would mourn for them.. but when the rain clears up all that is left is for the sun to make them not feel so lost, clearing up what I had destroyed.

"Olivia are you there?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I talk into the earpiece. "Yeah."

"Do you see him?"

"What do you think I've been doing? Singing Hukuna Matata?"

And leave it to my brother to follow up with," 'It means no worries for the rest of your days.."

"Ethan be quiet." My mouth cracked open at his attempt to sing but I didn't allow a laugh to escape.

"Alright.. I tracked his car down and he should be on fifth avenue, but it could be a trap." Ethan informed me of our subjects whereabouts but I always a step ahead of him unfortunately.

"Ethan.." I sigh, pressing my back against my seat. "Track my car."

"Why?"

"Just do it." I can hear his computer fingers typing away rapidly, and a small smile began to form onto my lips hearing him suck his teeth together in annoyance.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I hear him grumble.

"That I'm parked right outside from where he is and that I'm following him.. Sorry I didn't think it was a big deal."

"Smart ass," He grumbled once more, "just let me know when the job is done."

"Alright."

He warned me, "Be careful."

"Yeah, yeah, just make sure you save me a piece of cake okay?"

"What flavor?"

"Chocolate." I disconnect my earpiece, taking it out of my ear and placing it into the cup holder.

And I waited.

I didn't know how long I was sitting but the droop of my eyelids told me it was for awhile and right  when I decided to doze off, the sound of chattering had me on high alert. Rubbing my eyes I sat up, examining my surroundings with undivided attention.

Two men, one being my subject, talked amongst themselves in the chilling weather with a trench coat to match their fitted bodies, "Alright I'll see you later." One man, the oldest presumably, reached his hand out first to shake his hand. I didn't miss the red flash drive exchange between the two, "Remember what I told you."

"I won't tell anyone.. Omertà." My subject walked right passed my black Camaro, but he didn't see me behind my tinted windows.. my photographic eyes trained on his every movement to his car like a hawk and I could visibly see his smirk of satisfaction.

His bodyguard- I'm assuming- opened the car door for him to slip into.

I could have killed him right then and there, but I waited..

I waited for them to reach the red light, just a couple of meters away before twisting my key.. listening to the sound of my engine purr to life as I set off behind them. The drive to his penthouse was long but I rode behind them slowly, not drawing attention.

I parked my car on the side of the street. And waited again.

"Go home and get some sleep Luis." I heard him tell the driver, and the driver must have said something humorous to the ears, because my subjects head snapped back with his rotten teeth showing, and he looked like he was gasping for air.