Chapter 9

"Tell Carl, to keep you in his sights."
What the hell does that mean? Was he threatening us? And how did he know about the kiss? I need to tell Carl, considering it does concern him too.
"Grimes," I shout loudly as I turn the corner onto the fields
Carl's with Glenn, helping put down the walkers at the fence. I watch as he plunges a metal rod into ones eye, spilling a dark black goo that loosely resembles blood. "We need to talk." He looks to Glenn and he nods.

"Zoe what's going on?" He asks, walking towards me. I grab his sleeve and lead him up to the watch tower where a tired looking Maggie sits. I tell her we're taking over and she nods gratefully, going down the ladder quickly.
"There's this guy, his names Caden. " I state, one hand against the metal France against the tower.
"Yes?" Carl asks, confused. He grabs my wrist carefully. "Zoe?" I stiffen at his touch and he quickly pulls his hand away.
"He came into our cell, started saying all types of stuff. He knew about the kiss, he knew about Tom. He said you were a bad person and he knows we sleep in the same bed. He told you to 'keep me in your sights'." Carl freezes, his tone and stature become stern and serious. Like mine.
"Well who else knew all of that?" He asks quickly. I shake my head.
"No one. I haven't told anyone."
"What the hell does this mean?" He sounded pissed off and angry, he suddenly feels a lot taller then me. His grips my shoulders, staring down at me. "Zoe!" He demands. I move away, pulling him off me.
"I have no idea, that's why I'm telling you! It could be just someone being an asshole or he could seriously be dangerous."
"He can't just threaten us in our own home! I knew we should of just left them all in Woodbury." he spits.
"Look, okay; lets just no think too much into it. It's probably nothing. I'm going on a run later and now that I think about, so is he. If he does anything I'll fight in self defence. Okay?"
He sighs, rubbing his face with his hands. "Okay."