Chapter 28

By the time me and Carl had made our way back, we were met by a frantic Michonne and Rick. Rick tells us that he met some guys inside the house and things went bad. He tells us that we need to leave now. So we do. We walk for a while until we find some cars.
"Think you can Hotwire them?" I ask anyone, pointing to the black car. Rick nods and goes over to it. I don't know how far we have walked, but my legs are burning and I'm struggling to breath. I sit down on a log and put my head between my legs.
"You okay?" Carl asks, sitting down next to me. I put my thumb up and sit up.
"Just out of breath. I'll live." I tell him. We sit on the log in silence until I put my head into the crook of Carl's neck. Something cold hits my skin from his shirt and I sit up. I pull the silver necklace from his shirt and smile. He takes mine out and I kiss him.

A few hours later Rick has finished hot wiring the car and it's dark.
"It doesn't have much gas." He tells us.
"We should go in the morning, no point wasting it driving blind." Michonne says. Rick agrees and begins to make a fire in the middle of the road where we are sitting.
"Home sweet home." I mumble. Carl pulls me onto his lap and lean into him, placing my arms around his waist.
"Wanna play truths?" He asks. I scoff.
"Carl, the last time I played truths I was nine, and it ended with my best friend calling me a bitch." I laugh at the memory. "So, yeah, let's play."
"Okay... Um, I'm first?" I nod. "Was I your first boyfriend?"
"Yes." I say, kissing his hand, which I have grabbed hold of. "Was I your first girlfriend?" He looks at the ground sheepishly.
"No, but the one before you was when I was ten and she dumped me an hour later." He laughs. "Okay, um..." He laughs awkwardly.
"Oh god, is this an awkward question?" I ask. He nods, still laughing.
"Are you a virgin?" He laughs harder. I gasp and punch him lightly on the arm.
"Carl!" I squeal.
"Genuine question!" He defends himself, tears of laughter brimming in his eyes. I push him over so I'm kind of lying on top of him, and kiss him quickly on the lips.
"Does this count?"
"No." He laughs, I pull him back up.
"Then yes." I laugh at him. "Okay, Grimes, how about you?"
"Yes." He answers. "My turn?" He pulls me closer to him and kisses me passionately on the lips. I place my arms around his neck and wrap my legs around his waist.
"Can I change that?" He mumbles into my lips.

-------

AN; OKAY DONUT JUDGE ME, IM THE ONLY CARL GRIMES FANFIC WHO HASNT GONE THERE YET 😂