Chapter 29

'Can I change that?' Hold on, did Carl Grimes just ask me to have sex with him? I mean...I'm fifteen, it's not like I'd never though of the idea...but did he just genuinely ask me that? I look up and see Rick and Michonne leaving.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask. Michonne turns around .

"Just going further up the highway, to siphon some gas if we can. We'll probably be an hour, an hour and a half?" I nod. Carl wiggles his eyebrows and I laugh nervously.

"Uh... Do you really want to?" I ask in a small voice. Wow Zoe, way to go, be an awkward little shit about it! He leans in and kisses me forcefully on the lips again. My legs are still wrapped tight around his waist. The kissing goes on for a while until we are both panting for breath. I lean into his more up until he's lying down with me on top of him.

"What've we got here then?" An unfamiliar male voice says, pulling me up by my shirt and putting a gun to my head.

"Rick!" I scream. A hand claps over my mouth and somebody binds my hands behind my back. I look over to Carl and see a man on top if him. The hand is removed from my mouth just in time. "NO! DON'T TOUCH HIM!" I scream, trying to move out of the man's grasp. I can't even see whoever it is and I don't recognise them. Rick and Michonee come running over and instantly they're both pulled to the ground with guns at their heads. My gaze goes to Carl again and a man, about thirty years old, is trying to rape him.

"Don't hurt my family." Rick spits through his teeth. Michonne is inching towards her katana. And I'm still yelling at the man on Carl. The man holding into me has his grip tight around my arms and hands. I can't move.

"Let them GO!" Michonne yells. A man drags Rick to his feet.

"You see, this man, killed one of our own out of cold blood-"

"BULLSHIT!" Rick growls. "You had me CORNERED, He drew on ME! I just did what I had to too stay alive!"

"Man, what's goin'-Rick?" I look up and see Daryl walk out of the woods. A gasp escapes my throat but I resist the urge to run straight at the man I value as a father and hug him.

"Daryl, these people have killed one of our men." The man in front of Rick says. He never once breaks his stare.

"Look, man. I know you want blood. So, take it from me." Daryl says. "They're good people." I see the man walk towards Daryl, and smirk.

"You see, that right there," he starts. "Is a lie." Men come up to Daryl and start beating the shit out of him, and that's when I lose it.

"Get off me!" I scream at the man behind me. I turn enough to see he has a smirk on his face before I kick him in the knees, sending him flying over. I pull out my knife and stab him in the head. Fights have erupted everywhere, but I'm only focused on one person. I run over to Carl and kick the person on top oh him in the stomach. Carl pulls out his gun but I stop him.

"Never waste a bullet." I say, as I bend down and stab the sick man on the head. Daryl has shot the person who had a gun on Michonne with an arrow. We turn to help Rick and see something... Something so disturbing.

I see Rick, take a bite out of the mans neck and let him fall to the ground.