Epilouge

It feels so good to be writing in This book again, even if it is for the very last time. I love everyone who has read this, so, so much. If you guys can remember as far back as to chapter one, then you'll be able to figure out who the character I'm introducing is. Love you all!
#zarlismyotp
//
CARL
Zoe's dead. Probably the worst words I have ever had to say. It's been a week. We escaped and... dealt, with Terminus easily. We've all got Carol to thank for that. We found a man, he's called Father Gabriel. He took us to his church and we've been staying here for a couple of days.

I couldn't leave her there, in that train car. If a walker got in, I couldn't imagine her body being torn apart; every trace of her, literally ripped from her own body. So... I carried her. I took her through the bullets and ran through the walkers. When Carol saw her, she broke down. But she had Daryl to grip on to, and she clung to him like a life line. I didn't have anyone.

I made sure that she had a proper burial. We were at a church, too, so it seemed appropriate. But she's gone. She's gone for good now, I knew that the second she was in the ground. Well, I think I knew it the second I shot her... but my mind was swirling. I couldn't understand anything. They all told me it gets better. It's not. It's not getting better. I have never wanted to just crawl into a ball and just lie there as much as I do right now. I feel so emotionally drained... I don't have the energy to do anything.

I know I should be used to this by now. Actually, no. Nobody should ever have to get used to that. It happened my mom, she was out, hadn't turned yet. I ended it, it was real. Zoe... Zoe, my sweet Zoe. The same thing had to happen. It was real. It was too real.
I don't think I can do this anymore.
The only good thing to come out of the last couple of days is that Carol and Tyreese had Judith. My baby sister is alive.

"Carl," My dad says my name quietly as we walk through a forest. I think we're on a run, but I'm not paying attention. Glenn, Maggie and Sasha surround us as we walk.
"Hm?" I mumble, fascinated by the dirt and dust covering my shoes.
"How are you feeling?" He asks solemnly. I look up at him for a moment, and then back at the ground as we walk.
I sigh. "If you want me to say I'm okay, sorry, I can't tell you that." I shove my unoccupied hands into the pockets of my tight jeans. "I feel like I've had my heart pulled out of my chest and stomped on, I feel like there's a lump in my throat that I can't do anything about. Other times, I turn around to tell her to stop being so quiet, and then I realise she's gone. I feel like I'm going to shoot the next person who tells me; 'it gets better', because it doesn't. It's only getting worse. So basically, I'm doing shitty. Really shitty." He nods, putting his hand on my shoulder and looking into my eyes. He opens his mouth to speak as I hear a scream. A girly scream... and it sounds like hers.
"Zoe..." I gasp, running towards the sound. The others scream my name, but I don't stop. "Zoe!" I feel my body collide with the screaming girl and stop. She looks like Zoe. but it's not her.
"Zoe?" She gasps, breathing heavily. "You've got her?" This girl seems a couple of years younger then the one I know. Her hairs a few shades darker, but her piercing green eyes show the same kind of emotion Zoe could never hide.
"Who's asking?" I ask.
"Perri. Perri Taylor is asking. Do you have my sister?"

___

Damn. Okay, so this truly is the end. *sobs* But I may carry this on as a sequel? You'll jus have to wait and see 😉. Love you all!
(If you read this far comment 'I do/ don't want a sequal and #zarl is my OTP)