Chapter 16

RICKS POV
The door screams in protest as it's smashed against the adjacent wall. Carl, Daryl; Michonne and I run into the room, quickly followed by the Governor.
"Zoe!" Carl gasps, running to her. She looks up weakly in the dim light, her face bloody and barely conscious.
Daryl went for the ropes binding her to the chair, whilst Carl bound towards Caden. Michonne went for one of Governor's lackeys with her katana and I had the Governor and his best man of sorts.
"Why would you take her," I yell, pinning him against the wall. The half blind man's elbow hits my shoulder as his best man pulls me away. Sharp pain ripples through me as the governor's fist collides with my stomach. I groan as he does it again, causing me to cough and jerk up slightly as he throws me to the ground.
"She had committed a major injustice against someone from my group." He smirks. "And you're group had taken something of ours." Reaching for my gun and failing, a huge weight is lifted from me as The Governor is pulled off.

Michonne holds her katana to his stomach, pressing in slightly. I watch as Caden cowers in the corner and The Governor's best man lies unconscious or dead on the ground.
"I'll kill you I swear to go I'll do it." She mutters quietly as I watch Daryl careful Pick up a screaming Zoe before she falls limp and silent. The governor's eyes go wide, as if he was actually scared. "I took your eye out and trust me I'll do more."
"Michonne," I say calmly. She turns to me, anger in her eyes. "Let's go."
"He had no right," she spits. Pressing hard. I try not to smirk as he winces.
"If you take Zoe I'll just come after her. Like I told her, she deserves everything she got and much more. She's lucky I didn't kill her." Caden growls. Carl, who's easily a lot taller brings out his knife and stands centimetres away from the boy.
"You're lucky you're not dead. You're so fucking lucky I didn't kill you. And trust me, come after us and you will be. Come after her and I won't give you an out, I'll make you suffer." He spits in a hushed voice. Calmly, he turns around. "Let's go."