Chapter. 13

Nicole Vargas

"Are you ready, princess?" Ethan whispered in my ear as we walked up on the stairs to the grand ballroom. The whole venue looked stunning. There were high ceilings, diamond chandeliers, and beautiful paintings on the wall. The stairs were made out of marble, it was such a aesthetically pleasing sight.

"Let's get this show started, darling." I whispered back in a seductive tone. If he wants to play this game, I'm going to show him how it's done. From the inside I was smiling mischievously.

Ethan smiled wickedly at me and tightened his grip on my waist. "Tonight you're mine. I don't want to see you looking, dancing, touching or talking to other men. You're mine to entertain only."

I rolled my eyes at what he said. So damn possessive. "And what if I don't obey you, Mr Gray?"

"Then... I'm going to have to punish you."

A sly grin appeared on my face. That sounds exciting. "I hope you know that... punishments turns me on." I kept my voice low, only for him to hear.

Out of the corners of my eye I could see his eyes darken. His lips were now in a thin line and his grip on me tightened, almost suffocating me. "Don't...play...with... fire, Nicole." he hissed, before the door of the Grand Ballroom opened and hundreds of eyes were on us.

"Ethan, Nicole!" Rose walked towards us in a long blue chiffon dress. She looked like an angel in the middle of the room. "You made it!" She hugged Ethan and then me. "Ah, you two look adorable. I never thought I would see you with a... a decent girl."

Ethan forced a smile. "Rose, Veronika is not that bad. You're exaggerating."

"Ugh, I don't want to hear her name." Rose huffed and rolled her eyes. "I don't like her, she's not good for you. I prefer Nicole. Darling, how are you? You look stunning."

I smiled kindly at her. "Thank you, Rose. Same goes out for you. Your party looks...legit. You have invited a whole bunch of people."

"Oh these are just my friends."

I rose my eyebrows up in surprise. Friends? More than two hundred people are here and they are all her friends? I can't relate.

"When did you two started dating?" Rose snapped me out of my reverie. Her eyes glowed as she asked that question. "And where did you meet? Gosh, I'm so excited to hear about your love story." She sighed dreamily.

I squeezed Ethan's hand, because we haven't discuss this. Ethan cleared his throat and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Actually I went to Brazil to visit my parents." Ethan started and rubbed my hands softly. "And then I met her and she decided to come to the states with me." He looked at me and flashed me a bright smile. "She's the sweetest."

"Awh," Rose sighed and placed her hand over her heart. "You two are so cute. Anyway come, I will introduce you two to my guests. They will be thrilled to hear that you have found a girlfriend Ethan."

"Rose, I think it's too early to announce it." Ethan chuckled nervously. "Right, princess?"

"Yeah." I said, managing to put a smile on my face. "We have only been dating for a short period."

"And?" Rose asked, raising up her eyebrows. "I know that you two are meant to be, so it doesn't matter for how long you've been together."

She then smiled warmly at me. "Come on, I'll introduce you two. My favorites. Ah!"

We followed Rose to the middle of the ball room. Ethan leaned over at me and whispered: "This is not good. Geez, I didn't know this would happen."

"Why is this not good?" I whispered back, my heart hammering wildly in my chest. I was so confused and nervous.

"Veronika. She will hear about it."

I wanted to slap myself in the face. Of course, Veronika. "Stop talking about her when I'm suppose to be your pretend girlfriend. I don't want to hear about...her anymore when I'm with you." I hissed annoyed.

For some reasons, Veronika's name made my stomach turn. I was suppose to be his girlfriend, but he couldn't even forget that bloody girl. I wonder what type of relationship he had with her.

"Are you... jealous?" Ethan questioned, pulling me closer to his body. I could feel his six pack from underneath his suit.

"What if I am? You are so damn possessive, so I think it would make us even."

He chuckled lightly. "You got a point, princess."

"Ladies and gentlemen," Rose voice echoed through the whole room. She didn't even need a microphone.  All heads turned towards us. "First of all, thank you for coming. I appreciate it. And second of all. I have very surprising news for all of you...," Rose turned her head towards us and smiled widely. "Ethan Gray got himself a girlfriend! Meet Nicole Vargas."

The whole room applauded, here and there I heard whispers. "Trust me, tomorrow the gossip tabloids will be full with our names." Ethan whispered in my ear.

I laughed softly. "Isn't that what you want?"

He scoffed. "Of course not. This news will reach Russia."

I took a deep breath to not burst out in anger. I wiggled myself out of his grip. "I'm going to the restroom." I said curtly and immediately walked away. It should not bother me if he talks about Veronika, but it does. It angers me for some reasons.

I wished he would stop talking about Veronika and just focus on me. His pretend girlfriend.

I walked into the restroom and fixed my makeup. In the mirror I could see two girls staring at me. I frowned my eyebrows at them and they immediately stopped staring at me. Just when I thought they had left one of them came next to me and tapped with her long acrylic nails on the marble sink.

"Ethan's girlfriend?" She asked in a high pitched voice. Her eyelashes were so long and thick I wondered if she could see through them.

"Yes." I answered, placing my lipstick back in my handbag.

"You know that he's dating Veronika Morozov right?" She said and batted her eyelashes at me. "They haven't made their breakup public yet, so that means... they are still together."

"They were never together. Get your facts straight, honey." I smiled nicely at her and walked out of the restroom. Outside I bumped into Ethan.

"You were so long in the restroom." He remarked. "I was worried."

I waved my hand in dismissal. "It's alright. No need to be worried."

"Let's get something to eat and then we can go home."

I stared at Ethan and burst out laughing. "Seriously? You're not going to ask me to dance?"

His eyes lit up and he smiled cheekily. It was so cute. "Do you want to?" Ethan asked, taking my hand in his.

"Of course, darling."

Ethan placed his hand on the small of my back and we walked towards the dance floor. "Hey girl!" I heard the same high pitched voice from the restroom behind me. What the hell does she want?

I rolled my eyes and turned around. Ethan looked questionably at us.

"What do you want?" I sighed as I watched her walking towards me.

"I'm sorry if I sounded like a bitch earlier, but trust me I'm a sweetheart." She smiled widely at me showing off her braces. She then looked behind me and waved. "Hey Ethan!"

"Angela." Ethan greeted through gritted teeth.

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !