Chapter. 16

Nicole Vargas

Metallic clatters from pots and pans woke me up. I blinked my eyes to get used to daylight. What time was it now? I looked around and realized I wasn't sleeping in my room, instead I was laying on the couch with a blanket covering half of my body.

My face turned red and it suddenly became very hot when I remembered what happened last night. I kissed Ethan, he rejected me, we came home, and we kissed again. The only difference was, the second time he kissed me back. How can something that feels so good and so right, be wrong?

I sighed as I kicked the cover off me. We kissed and cuddled until I fell asleep. Nothing sexual happened, thank goodness. Not only would it be embarrassing for me, I also would have regret it badly the next morning. I want to save my innocence for the person I love and want to marry. Not for someone who's not sure about me.

When I walked into the kitchen, the first thing I saw was the sexy back of Ethan. He didn't wore a shirt, only gray sweatpants. I wondered if the oil didn't splash on him, since he was frying something. "Good morning, princess." He said in a husky voice without even turning around.

"Good morning." I yawned. "What are you doing?"

"Making breakfast of course." He replied with a chuckle and then turned around. He turned off the stove and walked towards me to press a long kiss on my lips. "What a sight to see every morning. I don't think I will ever get bored of it."

I smiled against his lips. "What do we have for breakfast prince charming. I'm starving."

Ethan laughed and walked back to the stove. "I made fried eggs with toast and coffee. If you want something else, just tell me."

"That sound delicious." I licked my lips as he placed the plate in front of me. It looked so good. I don't think I will ever get bored of your cooking."

Ethan chuckled and take a sip of his coffee. "Dig in, princess. You need to meet Rose in three hours."

"Three hours?!" My eyes turned wide as saucers and I was panicking. I only had three hours to get ready?! That's not enough time! I shove the plate away and jumped off the barstool. "Oh god! I need to get ready!"

"What?!" Ethan stared bewildered at me. "You have three hours not three minutes."

"It's not enough time!" I panicked. "I need to take a bath of at least thirty minutes, wash my hair, try some clothes, choose an outfit...Oh no, there's so much to do! I'll have breakfast later!"

I ran upstairs and I immediately walked over to my wardrobe. Time to get some clothes out and hopefully figure an outfit out in an hour. It usually takes me more than that, but now it was an emergency situation. After what seemed an eternity I finally had an outfit. I decided to wear patterned shorts paired with nude heels to create a super long legline and a white shirt with long sleeves. The outfit was casual with a hint of formal in it.

Then I went into the bathroom to shave my legs, very careful not to cut myself. Then I put my face mask to exfoliate my face and took a long bath with my favorite bath bomb. After I was done I washed my hair and face and walked back into my bedroom to blowdry my hair, curl it and do my makeup.

I was still blow drying my hair when my phone rang. I looked at the called ID and saw my mom's name on top of it. I turned off the blow dryer and picked up the phone. "Hey mamãe." I put her on loudspeaker while I was doing my makeup.

"Olá, minha filha, how are you?" My mom asked, she sounded very cheerful and happy.

"I'm doing fine, how are you and papai?"

"We're doing amazing. Today I sold a painting of mine to a rich man from Dubai. He paid one million dollars for the painting."

My eyebrows raised up in surprise. Wow, people do give a lot for paintings. "Wow that's incredible. Congratulations!"

"Thank you! How is everything there? Have you start your boutique yet?"

"I talked to Rose already, she's going to assist me through this whole process. I will meet her again today."

"That's amazing, sweetie. I'm so glad you are feeling great over there. How's Ethan doing, are you cooking for him?"

I bit my lip. Hearing his name send shivers down my spine. "Ethan is okay. Actually he is cooking, because he's not allowing me to cook after the last time when I almost burned his kitchen down."

I heard my mom scowl at me in the background. "Silly girl, you make me look like a bad mom."

"You never taught me how to cook, so it's not actually my fault."

"Hey hey, It was you who was not interested." My mom said sternly. "Can you remember what you said? Why do I need to learn how to cook when I will have a chef."

I chuckled, I remembered saying the last part. "I'll still have it, after I opened my boutique. Then I will be a busy lady and I'll not have time to cook."

I looked at the time on my watch. My eyes widened when I saw the time. Was it already so late? "Mamãe, I need to end the call right now. I still need to get ready for my meeting with Rose."

"Okay, goodluck. Eu amo você minha filha," My mom made kissing sounds on the other side of the line.

"Amo você também, tell dad I said hi."

"Will do." She replied. I slide my hand across the screen and the call ended. I hurriedly finished doing my hair and makeup. After that I put on my outfit and grabbed my bag with everything I need for the meeting.

I haven't realized that it was already so late. I thought only an hour passed by, but apparently it was three hours.

When I came downstairs Ethan was already impatiently waiting in the garage. "We are so late." He grunted as he opened the car door for me to step in. He then walked over to the driver seat and started the car and raced towards our destination.

"Three hours and thirty minutes to get ready? Seriously Nicole." Ethan impatiently honked behind a car as he gave me a side glance.

"I usually take longer."

"Why?" He asked, clearly confused. "No matter what you put on, you still look gorgeous."

"I have very high standards of myself. I can't help that I'm like this. I am like this since I was young."

"A spoiled princess." He mocked.

I just smiled and shrugged. "Yeah, if that's what you want to call me."

I never saw the word spoiled princess as an insult, in fact it was just the truth. I was spoiled and I am still spoiled. I am not afraid to admit it, unlike some people.

"We're here." Ethan parked the car and then we walked into the huge glass building to the office of Rose. We took the elevator and when we finally reached the right floor, Rose was already waiting outside her door.

"You two are late." Was the first thing she said.

I was about to apologize, but Ethan behind me opened his mouth first.

"We would be early," He said in a mocking voice and then looked at me with his hands on his hips. "But someone had to take three hours to get ready."

Don't forget to Vote & Comment!