Chapter. 39

Nicole Vargas

I was soaking wet.

I stepped out of the taxi, pulling my suitcase behind me as I made my way towards the front door of the mansion.

My hair was sticky and wet and my YSL dress clung onto my body like a second skin. It was hard to walk in the pouring rain with six inch stiletto heels and legs that were shaking uncontrollably. My makeup was smudged all over my face and my false eyelashes came off in the taxi.

If only I had took one minute out of my precious time to look up the weather in New York I would have not be in this situation right now. My heels made it impossible for me to walk fast in the rain, because the tiled driveway was slippery.

When I finally reached the front door I wiped my hands on my dress and combed my sticky hair with my fingers. I grabbed a tissue out of my handbag and wiped my smudged makeup off my face. The last thing I wanted was to look like a raccoon in front of Ethan.

I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes for a millisecond, trying to calm down my nerves.

I had already prepared everything I was about to say in my head once Ethan opens the door. I was so ready to face him and win him back.

I knocked twice and waited. The sound of the rain became louder and the temperature began to drop. It was getting colder and I didn't brought a jacket with me. I shivered as I rubbed my hands together to keep myself warm

When no one opened the door, I knocked again. This time harder. I heard footsteps somewhere in the mansion and my heart started to beat faster. Suddenly the door swung open and my breath got stuck in my throat. My eyes widened as I hid my shaking hands behind my back.

In front of me stood Ethan, dressed in a loose fitting white tee and boxers. He opened the door in freaking boxers. His hair was a mess like he had just woke up or maybe it could be sex hair. I just hope it's not the latter one.

"Nicole?" He asked in a hoarse voice, ruffling his hair and squinting his eyes at me like as if he couldn't believe that I stood in front of him. "Is that you?"

A small smile made its way towards my face, but soon sadness and guilt overpowered me. I thought I could be strong and just deliver my speech without bursting out into tears, but the exact opposite happened.

"Ethan I'm so sorry." I sobbed as tears welled up in my eyes. My lips was quivering and my hands were trembling as I spoke further. "I should have never let you go and I know you just had sex because of your voice and your hair. And I know who that girl is, but honestly I promise you, I would make a better girlfriend. I really really miss you and you are my home." I choked back another sob and couldn't see anything through my tears except the blurry outline of his body. "And I love you so much and I'm so sorry about everything, but I will not change right away if you consider taking me back. It will take time, but I promise it will be worth it. And I---did I already said how sorry I am and how much I miss you? I was so stupid and---,"

Suddenly I felt a warm body pressed against mine and a pair of lips claiming my own, stopping me from further ranting. With his free hand he grabbed my left hand and placed my open palm on his heart, and holds it there, while still kissing me like there's no tomorrow. I hungrily kissed him back until we were both out of breath.

Slowly he pulled away, a satisfied grin plastered on his face as he let go of my hand. He slowly runs his fingers through my wet and sticky hair and gently guides my face closer to his, eventually leaning me in to rest my head on his chest.

"God, you're so dramatic." He mumbled into my hair as he wrapped his arms around me.

I let out a shaky breath as I felt the warmth of his body against my cold skin. My body trembled under his touch and he must have felt it.

"Come on, let's get you changed." Ethan said as he put his hand behind the small of my back and guided me inside the mansion.

"I-I just need to know if I'm forgiven and--," I couldn't finish my sentence, because he placed a quick peck on my lips shutting me up immediately.

"We will talk about that later, princess. Come on, let's get you changed. You're soaking wet."

I nodded absentmindedly and followed him to his room. When he was about to open the door, I took a few steps back, my heart stammering wildly. "Y-your girlfriend." I managed to choke out.

Ethan chuckled and shook his head. "What girlfriend are you talking about?" He opened the door and I peeked inside, only to find it empty.

"Oh."

"Yeah...Here." He threw a white shirt at me that was lying on his bed. "Change into this and come downstairs. I will make you coffee."

I quickly changed my clothes and dried my hair before heading to the kitchen where Ethan was waiting for me with a steaming cup of coffee.

I took a sip of it and felt my insides warm up instantly. I looked around and everything was still the same.

"What girlfriend were you talking about?" Ethan questioned as he sat next to me on the barstool.

"The one in the gossip papers?"

Ethan scoffed and put his coffee mug down. "Really? You out of everyone should know not to believe in gossips. The girl you saw me with... she is my niece."

Oh damn you, Hayden. Why was I so stupid to even listen to you?

"Oh."

I didn't know what to say now. A deafening silence followed. The only sound heard was from the rain splashing on the roof.

"I'm sorry that I--," we both said simultaneously. Ethan chuckled and nodded his head at me to continue. "Ladies first."

I took a deep breath before I spoke up again. Instead of apologizing I decided to say what I wanted to say for a long time.

Three words, eight letters. Crossing my fingers and hoping that I will not scare him away.

"I love you."

So, some of you asked for a face claim of Nicole and to be honest I don't have one

So, some of you asked for a face claim of Nicole and to be honest I don't have one. When I first started to write #HDQ I didn't had anyone specific in my mind for the main characters. The only thing I had was their aesthetic (As this ^^ one from Nicole) So, if you can please comment who you think should play Nicole :) (P.S this would be helpful for me if I'm going to make a trailer for this story!)

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !