Chapter. 15

Ethan Gray

I couldn't sleep. It was already passed 2 AM and we arrived home two hours ago, but the awful feeling in my stomach stayed. I closed my eyes and opened them again. The kiss keeps replaying in my head.

Deep down inside I knew that I craved for it. Damn, I was so close to respond to her. But I couldn't. There's something holding me back. Fear maybe?

The hurt on Nicole's face was evident. I had hurt her. Badly. The pain in my heart was unbearable. I couldn't see her like that. I should have not snapped at her. God, I wished I could turn back time. Kissed her back and just confessed. Confessed what exactly? That I loved her? I don't even know what I'm feeling.

And then there's Veronika. The one I don't like, but use for attention. She does the same thing with me, so it's fair.

I couldn't stay any longer in bed. Even though Nicole told me to not break my head over it, I'm still doing it. I cannot rest before I mend things with her. I don't like to see Nicole mad at me. It hurts me for some reason.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. I switched on the light and let out a gasp at the figure sitting on the kitchen counter. Dressed in a very skimpy lace and satin pajama, Nicole sat on the kitchen counter eating Ice-cream.

Startled she turned around when the lights turned on. I groaned internally when she did that. Her clothing covered barely anything. She wore a black lace and satin pajama that did an awful job of hiding her curves. Everything was so see through and it was hard for me to keep my eyes of her.

"Turn the lights off!" She said as she tried to cover her body. Her efforts were all in vain. The more she tried to cover her body, the more it got exposed.

When I didn't do anything, she glared at me. "Fine, I'm out of here." She wanted to jump off the table, but I stopped her. "Wait!"

She looked up at me with a questioning look. "I'm sorry." I apologized. "For earlier."

"It's fine." She mumbled as she stared at the Ice-cream container. "Stop trying to make everything right. It was my fault."

"It was my fault." I said. "I should not have yelled at you."

She waved her hand in dismissal. "It's okay!" She snapped, her eyes holding all kinds of emotions. "I told you, don't break your head over it."

"But I do!" I yelled out frustrated. "Fuck I do, Nicole! I should have kissed you back and deal with the consequences later!"

Nicole immediately snapped her head at me. Her eyes widened in surprise. She was definitely taken aback. "Wh--What did you just say?" She stuttered out.

"I said---," I walked closer towards her. "I said that I should have kissed you back and deal with the consequences later."

I stood in between her legs, staring into her eyes. All kinds of questions were probably floating in her head. I'm not going to deny, in mine too. And the biggest one was 'What the hell am I doing?'

"Veronika?" She asked with uncertainty. I rolled my eyes at that, way to ruin the moment.

"To hell with Veronika."

She chuckled lightly, small dimples appearing in her cheeks. They were very small, one need to pay close attention to spot it. "That's exactly what I was thinking earlier." She confessed. She scooped a spoonful of Ice cream and brought it to my mouth. "Want some."

I opened my mouth and I felt the Ice-cream melting inside. Vanilla-Strawberry.

"If you wake up tomorrow." Nicole said quietly. "Are you going to regret this?"

I shook my head wiping ice cream off the corner of her lips. "I don't regret anything. Not the kiss. Nothing. I was just confused, lost."

"Enlighten me, Ethan."

"I don't know what I'm feeling for you. I don't want to give you false hope." I answered honestly. "I don't know if you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with."

She closed her eyes for a split second. "Why don't we figure it out then? There's no harm in that."

I nod my head at her answer. "Exactly what I was thinking. I should give you a chance, Mrs I cannot cook even if my life depends on it."

She playfully slapped me on my chest and laughed. Her chest raising up and down when she did that.

I gritted my teeth at the sight. So tempting.

"Was it necessary to dress into this---this thing that does not cover anything?"

She looked up at me, a naughty glint in her eyes. "Does it turns you on?" She bit her bottom lip as she questioned me that.

My eyes darkened at her sudden boldness. I leaned in and whispered in her ear. "A lot princess, a lot."

I could feel the sudden goosebumps on her body. Good, at least my words have an effect on her. She caressed my cheeks. The way she did it, it felt so soft. So right.

I move my head closer to hers. She sits frozen, from both fear and excitement. She leans in a little bit more, so her foreheads rests against mine.

"Don't regret this." She says in barely more than a whisper.

"Never." I replied my voice low and husky.

Dear god, I couldn't fight against the thoughts that were going through my mind now. I should take things slowly. But her very smell were flooding my senses now. It made me hot and bothered.

A shy look before I pulled her face closer and our lips met. I kissed her and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. Nicole ran her fingers down my spine, pulling me closer until there was no space left between us and I could feel the beating of her heart against my chest.

As we parted I saw her eyes sparkle and lips curve up into a smile and I couldn't help but smile back. I know exactly what she was thinking.

The kiss was different. Very different from the first time.

This time I kissed her back. She got a taste of me.

"If this is what kissing you feels like" I said leaning in. My lips covered her's again and the world seemed to disappear around us. "Then I don't ever want to stop," I whispered against her skin.

 "Then I don't ever want to stop," I whispered against her skin

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !