Chapter. 23

Nicole Vargas

"Veronica and I knew each other for seven years before we ended things."

Seven years. That's a long time.

Ethan's voice rang a couple of times in my head and for a moment I just stared at him agape, before telling him to continue.

An hour ago we arrived home from the ball and I immediately demanded Ethan to tell me his story with Veronica. I was curious to know what kind of relationship they had.

Ethan took a deep breath and continued. "Veronica and I have a lot of history together. I don't know what we were and I think that's the reason why things fucked up. It's so complicated to begin with. There were days when we were friends, but there were also days when we were more than that. Sometimes we didn't see or talk to each other for months."

"So, you guys were fuckbuddies for seven years?"

"No," Ethan shook his head. "I genuinely liked her; it was not only about fucking. We lived together like husband and wife, but then either I or she disappeared for a long time. It could be for work or any other reason. We didn't tell each other about the plans we made and we didn't feel guilty about leaving each other in the dark. It was messy, complicated, and we both didn't mind."

"You two had a very toxic relationship." I said frowning.

He nodded his head. "That's true. But it was also a good feeling. We enjoyed the time we spend with each other for as long as it lasted. We always talked about what we wanted in the future, but we both knew that there were no us in the future."

"And what's the reason of the breakup?"

"That's the thing actually. We didn't exactly breakup, because we were never really in a relationship. I never asked her to be my girlfriend. We were just jumping right in I guess."

I blinked a couple times, trying to progress the information. "So, you two were like friends with benefits."

Ethan raised his shoulders up. "Yeah, maybe. If you want to call it that."

"I don't know any other way to describe what you guys had. Do you still love her?"

"No." Ethan took my hand in his and kissed my knuckles. "I don't love her anymore, I have you now."

"So, is that the story about Veronica?"

"Yes." Ethan said, "The only reason people ask about her is because occasionally we went to events together. She went to the ball with me three times in a row, so that's why Jafar was questioning me about her. No one knows what we had going on. To them, we were a happy couple"

"But you two were everything except happy?"

"Exactly. We were just fooling ourselves and the people around us. As I already said, it was complicated and messy."

"And where is she now?" I asked.

"Who? Veronica? She's somewhere in Russia. I just want to let you know that I love you. I love you so much, Nicole. What I had with Veronica is nothing compared what I have with you. You give me everything. Love, attention, happiness, headaches, and grey hairs."

"I don't give you grey hairs." I said offended and slapped him on the back of his head. Ethan chuckled and pulled me towards him for a deep kiss. "Mmh, Ethan." I moaned softly against his lips.

He pulled away from me and smiled against my now swollen lips. "So perfect."

It was already two in the morning and I was getting tired and sleepy. "You look tired." Ethan acknowledges. I nodded my head and yawned. "Shall we go to bed? It's already two in the morning."

"Sure. Do you want to go on a dinner date tomorrow?"

I smiled at Ethan and stood up from the couch. "Yes, sounds good to me."

Ethan and I walked towards the king sized bedroom that we shared together. I immediately jumped onto the bed and pulled the comforter over me. "Good night, Ethan."

"Good night, Princess."

..........

I yawned and stretched my arms, before opening my eyes.

The other side of the bed was empty. I was about to go and take a shower when the bedroom door opened and Ethan came in with breakfast. Damn, didn't he look hot.

"Mmh." I moaned as the delicious smell of fresh baked waffles entered my nostrils. "It smells so good."

Ethan gave me a peck on my lips and smiled. "Good morning, princess."

"Good morning." I answered back. "You woke up so early today."

"Early?" He laughed. "It's already 11 in the morning."

I gasped loudly. "What? Is it so late? Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You look so peaceful when you sleep, so I didn't want to interrupt that."

"Mmh, anyways are we going somewhere today?" I asked and then looked outside from the huge window in our room. "It's a beautiful day."

Ethan grinned and leaned in to wipe something from the corners of my mouth. "I have something planned, but that can only happen when you don't take long to dress up."

I let out a long frustrated groan. "How many times should I tell you?" I shoved the plate with food away and jumped out of the bed to take a shower. "If you plan something, tell me in advance."

"I just want to train you how to be fast, princess."

"That will never work." I let out an exasperated sigh as I opened the bathroom door. "I like to take my time on myself. You cannot change that."

I closed the door behind me and stepped in the shower. After I took a long shower, I blow dried my hair, did my makeup, and put on my clothes. When I walked back into the bedroom, Ethan was already impatiently waiting on the bed.

Served him right. He should have told me about his plans since last night, or even better last week. That would give me enough time to pick out an outfit and plan my whole look.

"Finally," He stood up and walked over towards me. "You take forever." He planted a kiss on my forehead and took a step back to admire me. "But damn you look beautiful."

"Where are we going?" I asked as he laced our fingers together and we were walking down the hallway.

He gave me a mysterious smile. "Somewhere you will love."

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !