Chapter. 21

Nicole Vargas

"Welcome to Dubai, Mr. and Mrs. Gray."

A beautiful lady in a cashmere uniform greeted us as we stepped out of the private jet. Ethan walked next to me, his hand possessively resting on my waist. I wore a long floral dress and my hair was in a messy bun since I have slept most of the time during the flight.

We were in Dubai for the ball. Ethan was invited and he had to bring well his girlfriend.

"Hello Samira, how are you doing?" Ethan greeted the lady.  She gave him a warm smile. "I'm doing well, Mr. Gray. I booked your hotel room and driver. I hope you will have a pleasant stay in Dubai. If there's anything you need, you can contact me anytime."

"I certainly will." He gave her a curt nod and she walked away. A man dressed in a back suit approached us. From my own experience, I know he's the driver.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Gray. I'm Mo, your driver for the next few days." His voice has a heavy Arabic accent in it. Ethan nodded his head at him and Mo walked away to grab our luggage.

When he was out of ear shot I glared at Ethan. "Why do you tell people that I am Mrs. Gray?" I emphasized the last part of my sentence. "I'm not even engaged to you."

"Do you want me to propose to you right now?" Ethan asked daring. I could see my reflection in his black shades. His lips were curled into a smirk. That goddamn smirk.

"What?! Of course not. The proposal has to be special. Memorable."

"Mmh, well give me some time then." He tightened his grip on my waist and walked further.

"Ethan." I groaned out annoyed.

"I just like it. You have no idea, how much I prefer Mrs. Gray instead of Miss Vargas. I want everyone to know that you're mine. You're a very attractive lady." He murmured as he kissed my temples. "Get used to be called Mrs. Gray. Eventually it will happen."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "You're so certain about it."

"Ofcourse." He said in a matter-of-factly. "If it comes to you I am always certain of what I want. And I want you, princess."

I smiled and squeezed his hand. "Ethan, as long as you haven't popped the question yet I'm still a Vargas. You can't have it your way this time."

"Fine," He grunted and turned his head towards me. "Will you marry me, princess?" It came out mocking and I hated it.

I narrowed my eyes at him and slapped him lightly on his chest. "This is not funny."

"What do you mean? I proposed, did I not?"

"Ugh!" I growled and walked away from him. "Did you miss the part where I said it should be special and memorable?! I can't believe you just---Ugh, whatever!"

"Princess, I'm sorry... I was just kidding," Ethan ran behind me and grabbed me by my waist. "I'm sorry, princess."

"Leave me alone, you cannot joke about certain things...especially this." I tried to get out of his grasp, but he just tightened his grip on me. "Ethan---,"

"I'm not leaving you, princess. Not unless you forgive me."

"Yes, fine, fine... Let me go now."

He chuckled and opened the door for me. "Chivalry's not dead." He winked.

I rolled my eyes and stepped in. "You know," I said to Ethan who sat down next to me, his hand on my lap.

"Mmh?" He asked as he pulled off his shades. He looked at me as he put his shades in his pocket.

"You told me that you were not sure about me. I mean, this was like a trial for you, right? I mean you wanted to figure out if you actually wanted me in your life, right? Have you decided yet?"

"You really had to ask me this question now?" He groaned as he squeezed my thigh. "But if you really want to know. I think it's so obvious, I really want you in my life, okay? Don't even question that. Like, I actually really like you. Love you."

"You...you love me?" I asked my eyes wide and my mouth slightly hanging open from his confession. He laughed and put a hand through his hair. "Yeah, I actually do. I love you, princess. I hope the feeling is mutual."

"I only love when you're playing the piano for me," I said jokingly, "Oh and when you cook."

He narrowed his eyes at me and scooted closer to me. "Oh really?"

"Ethan, you are in my personal space. You are literally pressing me against the window." I tried to push him away, but instead he came closer. "Ethan!"

He chuckled and went back to his seat. "You're so cute."

"Shut up," I turned my face away to hide my blush. "Where are we staying?"

"The Burj Khalifa hotel, have you been there before?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, three years ago. It was my parent's wedding anniversary."

"Your parent's are so relationship goals." Ethan remarked.

"But so are yours."

"I know, how lucky are we huh?" He chuckled. "I want that, you know. So many people give up and I just... I don't want that. I want a forever kind of thing."

"Same." I said, "That's why I'm really picky on who I'm dating."

"So what made you choose me?" He asked amusingly.

I shrugged my shoulders. "You have that kind of vibe you know. I don't know how to explain it. But something about you, it's so different than the rest."

He smiled mysteriously. "I have the same feeling about you. Do you think that this is what they call soulmates? Like, when you meet your soulmate, the spark is there. You just feel it, but you cannot explain it?"

"Maybe, I don't know. Because the first time I met you I was not really fond of you." I laughed, thinking back at the first time I saw Ethan back in Brazil.

"Likewise, but I thought you were pretty hot tho." He chuckled, "But as the saying goes there's a thin line between hate and love."

"I didn't hate you. Hate is a strong word."

"It's a saying." He said, emphasizing the last word. "Look, we're approaching the Burj Khalifa. You have five hours to get ready, please don't be late."

I laughed. "I will not. I already prepared what I'm going to wear."

"Really?"

"Yes," I said, looking out of the window. "Since the night you told me that we're going to Dubai."

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !