Chapter. 36

Nicole Vargas

Ethan was serious when he said that he would drop my stuff at my apartment early in the morning. When I woke up my suitcases were stacked right outside my door. I carried them inside and went through my stuff. A tear fell down on my cheeks. I missed him so much.

The fashion show was a huge success and afterwards my parents and I went out for a late dinner. Thank goodness they didn't ask about Ethan anymore. I don't think that I could have talked more about him without breaking down. Instead they told me about everything that happened in Brazil since I was gone.

Mom painted two masterpieces and one of them has already been sold to a rich Persian man. My dad opened two more hotels in Rio de Janeiro and they were doing great. He wanted to open one more in Thailand, but that would take a little bit more time. Maybe two or three years.

I was so happy for them. Once upon a time they belonged to the lower class, but look where hard work and dedication had brought them to. Now they are one of the most well known people in Brazil as well in the rest of the world.

After dinner they went to their hotel and I returned home. I was exhausted last night and fell asleep on the couch in the living room.

Today my parents are going back to Brazil and I am going to accompany them for a small well deserved vacation. After everything I went through, I totally needed it.

I packed my stuff, which was not a lot, and dressed up in comfortable traveling clothes which consisted of pink leggings and a white T-shirt. I put my hair into a bun and slipped on my shoes before heading outside. As always I was late and my mom had called me twice to hurry up.

I was supposed to hail a cab, but because I was late my mom send her driver to pick me up.

Minutes later the driver of my parents arrived and he brought me to the airport. Thank goodness my mom booked the plane ticket this time. We were traveling business class instead of economy. There's nothing wrong with traveling economy class, but I am so used to travel in style that it is hard to settle for less.

When I arrived at the airport my parents already waited for me. I hated public airport, it was always so busy and people were basically pushing each other out of the way.

"Well...well look who we have here." A familiar voice said behind me.

I turned around to face the person and my eyes widened in surprise. "Hayden."

----

The entire flight Hayden managed to make me laugh. For a moment I forgot all my worries. He was, just like me, going back to Brazil for a small vacation.

He was in New york for three days to settle some things for his father he told me. Hayden was handsome. Like abercrombie model handsome. He had small dimples on his cheeks when he laughed and his well defined abs were poking through the thin white shirt he had on.

"So," Hayden gulped his champagne down and beckoned the flight attendant to bring him another one. This was his third glass of champagne and the guy looks far from being tipsy. "Your fashion show was a huge success. I have heard so much about it."

I smiled as I sat up straight in my seat. The seat was not really comfortable like the ones in our family private jet, but then again the service here was splendid. "It was actually. I will open my own boutique in New York very soon." I told him as I fiddled with my phone in my hand.

"And how long is very soon?" He asked as he placed his hand on top of mine. Caressing it softly. I immediately pulled my hand away. He frowned his eyebrows but didn't try to do it again. "Because I want to be there."

"I will send you an invitation." I said, laughing uncomfortably. Hayden placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed it lightly.

"You're laughing? I am serious." The flight attendant came back and handed him a new glass of champagne. "Anyways, how's your boyfriend doing?"

Why did he had to ask me about Ethan right now? We were having such a great time. I pulled his hand away from my thigh and gave him a murderous glare. Is he drunk and does not show it or is he actually like this? If he is, than it is a waste of a hot man. Because hot body and shitty personality makes a shitty person overall.

"What?" Hayden stared intently at me trying to caress my cheek. Now he was getting really touchy touchy and I hated it. I wanted us to be friends. "You two broke up. I told you he---,"

"No," I snapped, taking him by surprise. I even took myself by surprise. Why did I even snap? "Actually we are doing great. Thank you very much."

"You don't have to---,"

I cut him off. I was angry because I don't want to talk about Ethan. But every person I meet somehow include him in the conversation. Can't they just keep our conversation Ethan-less? Then to top all of it, Hayden cannot keep his hands to himself. I'm pretty sure it's the alcohol working, but if it's not then I'm really close to punch him in his face "And you don't have to stick your nose in other people's personal life."

He placed the champagne glass down and raised his hands up in surrender. "Fine, don't come crying at me when he goes back to that Russian." he said bitterly.

I chuckled and shook my head. "He will never."

"And how are you so sure?'

I flashed him a fake smile and said; "Because she only falls for pussies... Maybe you will have chance with her."

Once those words flowed out of my mouth I immediately wanted to bang my head on the seat in front of me. Why am I being such a bitch lately?

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !