Chapter. 42

Nicole Vargas

"We are just staying for a week not five months." Ethan entered our room and stared at all my clothes scattered on the floor and bed. The room was a mess. My thong was hanging on the bedpost and my bra was on the doorknob. "You don't need three suitcases and two carry-ons."

"But I need to have options." I hold up a pink blouse I didn't know I had. "Do you think this pink blouse will make me look fat?"

Ethan raised his eyebrows up at me and then he looked at the blouse in my hand. "Are you out of your mind? You are not fat. You don't even have baby fat."

"I never said I was fat." I rolled my eyes at him. "I was just asking if it would make me look fat."

"No, of course not. Don't be so silly."

I turned my back towards him and started to fold all the clothes on the bed, because it was already late at night and tomorrow we had an early flight to catch.

"I'm so tired princess, can you hurry up?" Ethan yawned behind me as he hugged me from behind.

"You will love this vacation." I said as I continued folding the clothes. Ethan worked late nights now and I was most of the day in Rose's office discussing the things for my new boutique. We rarely saw each other during the day and the only time we were together was at night. But then we were both too exhausted to start a conversation.

"I deserve it. We both do." Ethan murmured as he kissed my collar bone.

---

"Ethan... No."

"Princess... Yes."

"I don't want to eat that...that thing." I scrunch my nose up in disgust as I pushed my plate far away from me. Even the smell nauseated me.

"We are in Australia. You should at least try this. And this thing is called vegemite." Ethan pushed the plate back towards me and picked up a sandwich. "Come on, open that pretty little mouth of yours."

"I don't want to eat dynamite. It's...It looks so disgusting."

Ethan chuckled. "It's vegemite. And I promise, it taste delicious. Tell me, would Australians eat this if it wasn't good?"

I hesitated for a moment as I stared at the sandwich in Ethan's hand. He already ate three and I couldn't even look at it without wanting to vomit all over the place. Maybe, it's only the smell. Maybe, it taste good. Ethan ate three and Australians ate it everyday.

How bad could it be?

"Come on, princess." He urged, giving me a tender smile. "One teeny tiny bite. I just want you to have the experience."

"Experience of what?" I asked, staring disgustedly at the sandwich in his hand.

"Trying something new."

I sighed and took a deep breath. One small bite will not kill me. Only one.

I closed my nose with my fingers as I took the smallest bite of the sandwich.

I coughed as I instantly spit it out. "Ugh it's so disgusting! Oh my god, how can you eat this!" I gulped down the glass of water on the kitchen table and glared at Ethan. "Are you happy now?"

He grinned widely. "More than happy, princess. Now, go pack your swimwear. We're going to the beach."

"But i'm still hungry." I looked at the vegemite sandwiches on the table and shuddered. "I never want to have that thing near me ever again!"

Ethan laughed loudly. "I will make sure of that, don't worry. And we will order something on our way to the beach."

I went to the bathroom and packed my swimsuit in a blue beach bag I got two summers ago. It was still in a good condition and I actually like the color and how spacious it is.

When I returned back to the kitchen, Ethan already had his keys in his hands. "Are you ready?" He asked as he put the plates in the sink. I bet he ate the remaining sandwiched.

Ew.

I nodded my head at him. "Yup, let's go."

I turned the lights off the kitchen and walked towards the front door.

We were staying in a luxurious condo in Sydney, Australia. It was a open plan condo stylishly decorated and furnished with a dining area that flows out to the balcony. Both, Ethan and I were amazed by the the high ceilings, stunning light fittings and ambience. Everything we could possibly need was here.

It was a beautiful place. Even better than it was shown in the pictures.

"Don't forget to stop somewhere to have breakfast." I reminded Ethan as I threw my bag in the backseat of the car.

"Of course not, Princess." He chuckled as he turned the engine on. "Are you up for a fish burger?"

"A fish burger? For breakfast?"

Ethan shrugged his shoulder as he easily drove out of the small driveway. "Yeah, considering it's almost noon a fish burger would be nice. Don't you think?"

"Is it the one around the corner of Gordons Bay? Are we going to Gordons bay?"

"Yeah, that's the one. How'd you know?" Ethan asked surprised.

"I heard so much about it during family dinners. My mom's family is obsessed with Australia by the way. Like, they are going every year to Australia." I told Ethan as I put on my sunglasses.

He laughed. "Well then, next time at the family dinner you can also talk about the famous fish burger from Gordons Bay."

Soon, we arrived at this small burger joint called 'Out of the Blue.' Ethan went in and ordered the fish burgers and chips.

A couple of minutes later he came out with two bags in his hands.

We ate in the car and now I know why my mom's family praised this place. The burger was incredible it made me wonder what I've been doing with my life this whole time. I let out a loud moan as I took the last bite of my burger. "It's so good. We need to come back!"

Ethan laughed, wiping his hands on a napkin. "Yup, we should. I don't even need to ask you if you enjoyed that burger. That moan was enough."

I chuckled as I grabbed the water bottle. It was really hot and I got thirsty really fast. "Let's go to the beach. I'm so sweaty right now."

We drove to the beach and Ethan parked the car. I grabbed my beach bag from the back seat and stepped out of the car.

While we're heading towards the beach my phone suddenly rang. I fished it out of my bag and narrowed my eyes to see who the caller was.

"Olá mãe," I answered the phone.

"Olá minha filha, how are you?" Mom chirped in the phone. Too happy. Has she sold a painting again for some rich dude in Dubai?

"I'm doing well. I'm in Australia right now." I told her.

"Really?" She squealed. "With Ethan."

"Uh yes, how'd you know?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. Was it in the newspaper? Or online? I didn't see paparazzi when we were heading towards the airport.

"Oh come on. His parents told us. I'm so happy for you and so is dad."

"Oh... Okay.." I didn't really know what to say.

"Don't be shy! Ethan is a great guy. We couldn't wish for a better son-in-law."

"I--okay that's great to hear. Lucky me. Haha. Uhm...why did you call again? Ethan and I are actually heading to the beach."

"So cute. Young love. I love it. Reminds me of your dad and I when we were young. It was such an amazing--,"

"Mom."

"Oh yeah... sorry, got carried away a little. But I want to invite you to the family dinner next weekend. I hope you can make it...You better make it. Bring Ethan. He's part of the family now."

"I will tell him. Thanks for calling mom."

"Eu te amo."

"Eu também te amo." I replied as I ended the call. As I put my phone in my bag, Ethan stared at me with raised eyebrows.

I let out a deep sigh. "Are you ready to meet my family next weekend?"

Don't forget to vote & comment!