Chapter. 41

Nicole Vargas

"Finally! The break was a really stupid thing!"

I couldn't have agreed anymore with what Rose just said. Dressed in a turquoise dress she brought from Morocco she walked around the table to sit down next to me.

After our small meeting about the boutique the conversation shifted to Ethan and I's relationship. To say that Rose was happy was just an understatement. She was over the moon. The sparkle in her eyes said enough about her feelings after I told her that Ethan and I were back together.

"We are going out for dinner tonight." I told her as I packed my laptop in my bag. The smile on my face has not left since this morning.

"That's amazing!" She exclaimed happily. "You will open your boutique in two months and you will get the man you love. Couldn't your life get any better?"

I grinned as I zipped my bag close. "I know. I feel so much better now. Better than before."

"I can see that! You looked so miserable the last time I saw you." Rose caressed my cheek and gave me a loving smile.

"Thank goodness I'm not anymore." I chuckled. "Anyways, I should go now. I have a dinner date to go."

Rose gave me a nod. "So romantic. Well have fun! I will see you tomorrow."

"Don't forget to send me the address." I reminded her.

She nodded her head. "I will not...Wait!"

I turned around and raised my eyebrows up at her. "Yeah?"

Rose opened the bottom drawer and pulled out a red velvety box. "I want to give this to you." She whispered.

"What is it?" I asked as I took the box from her.

"Open it." She ushered me. "You will look stunning in it."

I opened the box and gasped. My eyes widened in surprise as I saw what was in it. "Rose, no I can't. This is yours."

"But now it's yours." She closed her eyes, a small smile playing on her lips. "He gave it to me as a gift. He told me that I was the keeper of his soul and holder of his heart."

Rose opened her eyes and chuckled. She blinked away her tears and continued. "My old man, he was so romantic. Now, I'm going to give this to you. I believe in you, Nicole. I know you will not break Ethan's heart. I love that boy, he is like the son I've never had. And I love you, you're like the daughter I've never had. Keep him happy, will ya?"

I stared at the diamond necklace in the box and looked up at Rose. "I promise. I will."

---

"You look beautiful." Ethan breathed out as he entered the bedroom. I turned around and saw him standing in the doorway with a bouquet of red roses in his hand.

"Are those for me?" My eyes lit up as I saw the beautiful roses in his hand. It matched with my red lace dress. Definitely need to take a picture for my instagram feed.

He nodded his head and walked over towards me to hand me the roses. "Do you like them?" he asked as his eyes raked over my body. "Sexy." He murmured.

"I love it!" I hugged him and planted a kiss on his cheeks. "They are beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you."

I blushed and walked away from him to put the roses in a vase. "Get ready fast, will you?" I shouted at him as he walked towards the bathroom. "I'm starving."

"I will, princess. Unlike you, I only take five minutes." He shouted back.

I laughed and made my way downstairs to search for a vase. When I finally found one I put the roses in it and placed it on the piano.

"That's nice." Ethan voice came from behind me.

I turned around and smiled at him. "You cleaned up nice. I love the suit."

"Umhu." He murmured, walking towards me. "You bought it, so why wouldn't you love it."

"Shut up. You look handsome, alright." I laughed as he snaked his arms around me.

"I know, princess. I know." He chuckled as he placed a kiss on my cheek. "And you look stunning."

"I know." I said, winking at him.

He entwined our fingers together and brought my hands to his lips. " Now shall we go? I can't let my lady starve for any longer, can I?"

Ethan kissed the back of my hand, causing me to giggle. "Of course not, otherwise she will throw a tantrum and that's not what you want. Right Mr. Gray?"

"Certainly not. So let's get going."

Ethan drove us to our destination. He had already placed a reservation he told me.

We stepped out at a beautiful hotel that also had a restaurant in it. We walked to the lobby that will lead us to the restaurant and halfway through the lobby Ethan suddenly let go of my hand.

"Shit! I forgot my wallet in the car."he cursed as he felt his pockets. "Wait here for a moment. I will be back in a minute."

I nodded my head and watch him ran outside.

While waiting I saw a familiar couple in the corner of my eyes. I didn't really pay attention to them until I felt like they were staring holes into my body. When I turned my head towards them, they were indeed already staring at me.

My eyes widened when I realized who it was.

They walked towards me and a big smile was plastered on the woman's face. She was beautiful, dressed in a long silver gown and so much jewellery. "If this isn't the beautiful Nicole Vargas." She squealed as she hugged me tightly.

"Nicole I'm---," Ethan's voice came from behind me. I turned around and his eyes widened instantly when he saw who was in front of me.

"Mom, dad?"

I gave him a stiff smile. "You didn't tell me this was a family reunion."

"No, it isn't." He turned his attention back at his parents. "What are you guys doing here?"

His mother laughed. "We're staying in this hotel and now we are on our way to dinner."

"Your mother wanted to surprise you." His father said, his eyes darting back and forth from Ethan to me.

"It's a surprise indeed." Ethan chuckled as he took my hands in his. "Nicole and I are also heading for dinner."

"Amazing!" His mother squealed, her eyes sparkling from happiness. "I'm so glad you two have become friends."

"I don't think they are just friends, my love." Ethan's father said as he stared at both Ethan and I. His stare made me so uncomfortable.

"What?" Ethan's mother blinked her eyes at her husband in confusion.

"Nicole is my girlfriend." Ethan declared as he squeezed my hand tightly. This was not how it was suppose to go.

"G-girlfriend?" His mother stuttered out as she stared at the both of us. Then she looked at her husband and hugged him tightly. "Our son finally has a girlfriend!"

His father rubbed his mother's back softly and gave Ethan a small smile. "Your mother...she thought you were from the other direction."

I heard Ethan groan next to me and I turned towards him quirking my eyebrows up in confusion. "What?"

"My mom thought I was gay." He muttered under his breath.

I couldn't help but let out a little laugh. "Why?"

"Apparently gossip didn't reach my parents."

I laughed and shook my head. "It was nice meeting you, Mr and Mrs Gray." I said to the pair in front of me.

"Nice meeting you too, Nicole." They both said in unison.

I didn't miss the look of admiration in their eyes as they watch us walk away.

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !