Chapter. 27

Nicole Vargas

"Is there something bothering you, darling?"

Rose stared at me intently as I draped the fabric over the mannequin, showing the tailor and sewer how I want the dress to be. "See, this should go over the shoulder. This tiny detail makes it unique."

They nodded their heads at me and made notes in their notebook. "What about the bottom half. I still don't get that one. It's a little bit complex." the redhead in the skin tight dress said to me.

"It is, but don't worry I will show you it once more. You all can have a break now. I'll see you guys back in twenty." I said as I walked towards Rose who was sitting behind her desk. I let out a deep and exhausted sigh as I sat down across her. "No, it's nothing. I'm just so tired and stressed." I lied to her. I don't want to ask her about Veronika and Ethan, because I feel like this is something I should handle on my own.

Plus Rose is like Ethan's mother. She would always be on Ethan's side, no matter if it's good or bad. Maybe she would help me-- to break up with him--but she will always be with Ethan. She would probably be mad at him for awhile but she would forgive him eventually.

The message was from Veronika Morozov. It was a chat message on facebook. First of all, I didn't even know Ethan had facebook. Personally, I don't use facebook only Instagram and snapchat.

I didn't went through his chat, because I'm not the type of girlfriend who's going to invade his privacy. If he wants to tell me something, he will do it on his own. I don't need to go through his messages and phone calls.

But...I know that he is not telling me something and it's killing me. Why would Veronika still hit him up? I trust the guy, but now I have my doubts. When the morning came, I saw breakfast on my nightstand with a note saying he had to go out early and that he couldn't wait for our dinner date tonight.

I didn't had a chance to question him. And now I'm overthinking everything. Crazy thoughts are floating in my head. It's so hard to concentrate when something like this is constantly on my mind.

"Coffee?" Rose asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You look so distressed, darling. I should take you to one of my yoga classes."

Rose's assistant handed me a hot steaming cup of coffee. "You do yoga?" I asked, incredibly surprised. I never saw Rose as a yoga person.

"Yes of course. Why do you think I'm so fit? It's the power of yoga."

I chuckled and took a sip of my coffee. It felt so good to have some liquid sliding down my throat after talking and explaining so much.

There was a soft knock on the door. I looked at the time and saw that there was still fifteen minutes left of lunch break.

Ethan stepped in with a panera bag in his hand. "Good morning ladies." He greeted, walking over towards me to place a soft kiss on my lips. He then went around the desk to give Rose a hug.

"My big baby. You brought lunch for us again?" Rose asked as she opened the panera bag. "Is this Bacon Mac and Cheese?" Her eyes lit up as she stared at Ethan.

"Yep, that one is for you. The BBQ one is for Nicole. I hope you like BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese." He said, looking at me. The way he looks at me, one would believe he was so in love. His eyes were sparkling everytime he looks at me.

I'm not the one who noticed it. Rose did.

"Thank you." I said softly. "You did not have to do this."

"Why not? I cannot let my princess starve."

I smiled at him and grabbed the bowl with food. "It smells delicious."