Chapter. 14

Nicole Vargas

"Nicole, this is Angela, my cousin who can't keep her mouth shut..Angela, this is Nicole, my girlfriend." Ethan introduced us with a sigh.

"What happened to Veronika? Did you two broke up? It's not on Clevver news." Angela raised her eyebrows up. "Tell me dear cousin."

Ethan groaned annoyed. "I thought you didn't like Veronika. We were never a 'thing' so why would it be on that stupid gossip channel?"

Angela raised her hands up in surrender. "I was just looking out for cutie here." She pointed at me. "I mean I didn't like Veronika, because she commented that my eyelashes looked like umbrellas. Little bitch." Angela let out a disapproving sound.

Ethan laughed. "They actually do."

Angela glared at Ethan. "I have the urge to punch that pretty face of yours, cousin !" She then shifted her attention back at me. "Since you're the new girlfriend of my dear shithead cousin, do you want to go shopping sometimes? I actually like you. Pretty little thing."

"Don't hit on my girlfriend, Angela!" Ethan said through gritted teeth and muttered under his breath, "Not only do I need to keep an eye out on the men, but also on the women."

I laughed at that. "So possessive, Mr Gray."

He squinted his eyes at me and said in a mischievous voice, "Oh I will show you what possessive is, Miss Vargas."

I shook my head and looked at Angela who was watching us amusingly. "Of course I want to go shopping with you. Just tell me when."

Angela smiled and clapped in her hands. "I'm so excited ! I'll come to the mansion tomorrow. Be ready in the morning."

I was about to nod yes, but Ethan cleared his throat. "You have a meeting with Rose tomorrow, remember?"

Ugh yes ! How could I forget that? I mentally facepalmed myself. "Oh, I almost forgot about that. I'm sorry Angela, maybe another time?"

"Oh it's alright." She shook her head and smiled. "We can have a movie night or something."

"That sounds exciting."

"Okay Angela, are you done with my girlfriend? I want to take her to dance." Ethan said impatiently.

Angela huffed a long sigh. "Fine, take her. She's all yours. Bye, Nicole."

I said goodbye to Angela and Ethan grabbed my hand and brought me to the middle of the dancefloor. He placed one hand on my waist and the other one he held in his other hand. We slowly moved to the rhythm of the music.

It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair

He held me close, our body moulding into one as if we were made for each other. Placing my hands on his shoulder we danced silently.

And then she asks me, Do I look all right?
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight

I felt all eyes on us. We did looked so real. While most pretend relationships never work out, because of bad acting ours feels so real. Everything just flows, like it's meant to be. And it scares the crap out of me.

We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me

I wanted to say something, anything, but each time I opened my mouth to speak, I felt the harshness of his hands against my petite waist and sighed in content. Slowly I moved my hands up to his neck and rested my head on his chest. I wished I could stay like this forever.

And then she asks me, Do you feel all right?
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight"

He pulled me impossibly closer that I could hear the beating of his heart.

I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes

He twirled me around like a doll and I let out a soft squeal. That was so unexpected. I heard Ethan chuckle.

And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you

I stared up at Ethan, his lips in a wicked smile. I was so tempted to kiss him. I know he didn't love me back. It is always Veronika, Veronika. But I just couldn't resist anymore, to hell with Veronika.

It's time to go home now and I've got an aching head
So I give her the car keys and she helps me to bed

I inhaled sharply. Must he be so perfect? I look up at him, his eyes holding a questioning look. For that single moment time stops. I don't care about the people around us, in fact I don't even notice them. It's just me and him now.

And then I tell her, as I turn out the light
I say, "My darling, you were wonderful tonight
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight

And just before the song ends, I stood on my tippy toes and pressed my lips against his. It was now or never. I kissed him soft and slow, waiting for him to let me in. To respond. His lips felt so gentle so warm, my hands began to slide up his chest and encircle his neck. I didn't want this moment to end, but sadly it did.

He gently pushed me away and I have never felt so rejected in my entire life. Something inside me snapped, I don't know why I was feeling like this. This is suppose to be a pretend relationship. Why did I feel so disappointed that he didn't respond to the kiss? I should have known that he would never love me back.

"I'm sorry." I muttered silently.

"Let's go home, Nicole." He said coldly and we walked off the dancefloor. When we made it outside, a cold breeze made me shiver.

"What was that on the dance floor?" Ethan stared at me with bewildered eyes. "Are you crazy?"

"It was an accident." I muttered, not daring to look at him.

"Look at me." Ethan tilted my chin up. "This is a pretend relationship. Don't ever forget that."

"It will never happen again."

Ethan sighed. "I don't want to make this any more complicated than it already is, princess."

How dare he! "Don't ever call me princess again." I hissed and stepped into the car. I sat in the far corner, far away from Ethan.

"What the hell, Nicole?!" He stepped into the car and closed the door behind him. "I thought it was very clear from the beginning."

"I don't want to do this anymore. Go get Veronika back, I don't want to do this anymore." My lips quivered as I said that. "I'm so tired Ethan, you're so confusing. I can't do this anymore."

"Why?"

"Because I said so!" I yelled out frustrated. "And you know what? The kiss was just an accident okay. Don't break your head about it !"

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !