Chapter. 17

Nicole Vargas

Halfway during the meeting Ethan excused himself to pick up a phone call. I stayed behind with Rose discussing the plans for my clothing line.

"So," Rose pulled out some papers and placed it in front of me. "I have decided that your first fashion show will be at the end of next month. What do you think?"

"Isn't that to early?" I asked. Even though I already have my sketches ready, there's still a lot more to do.

"It is." Rose agreed. "But don't worry. I already have a venue, decorators, and seamstresses. The only thing we need to search for are models."

"But do you think the clothes will be finished in a month time? That's a very short amount of time." The clothing I design are not particularly easy to sew and I don't know if the jewels and fabric can be found in New York. "What about the jewels and fabric? Can it be found here?"

Rose nodded her head. "Yes, a majority of them. But there are some that needs to be imported from Europe. I have a friend there who can send them in a week or two."

I was still very skeptical about it. I don't like to be rushed in things I love to do. But then again, Rose is longer in this field then I am. I should trust her. "If you say so Rose. I'll trust you in this."

Rose smiled kindly at me. "You're such a sweetheart. Everything will be picture perfect! Don't worry."

Ethan came back into the room. "Are you two done here?" He stood at the doorway impatiently tapping with his shoe on the floor. "I need to be at a meeting in ten minutes."

I stood up from my seat and walked over to Rose to hug her. "Thank you Rose for helping me. I will hear from you soon, I hope."

"Of course. Probably tomorrow or so. Why don't you two come over for dinner tomorrow. Then we can discuss this all." Rose suggested.

I look over at Ethan and he just shrugged. "Sounds fine to me. I don't have anything planned for tomorrow's evening."

"I'll see you tomorrow then, Rose." I gave her a warm smile and grabbed my bag. "Bye."

Rose waved at me as I closed the door of her office. "Why are you in such a hurry?" I asked Ethan as we practically ran to the car.

"I got a phone call from my PA. Some important people from Dubai and Japan are waiting in my office. " He said. Ethan unlocked the car and after we buckled up he sped away. He looked at his watch and cursed loudly.

"Geez, can you drive a little slower. It's not like they made an appointment or something." I said as I hold the seat firmly. "Watch out--! Ethan!!"

My heart was banging loudly in my chest. That was just in time. I looked at him angrily. "Are you trying to kill us!" I yelled out.

He slowed down the speed and looked over at me apologetically. "Sorry, I'm just in a fucking hurry."

"That doesn't mean to kill us!" I snapped still shaking. We arrived at his company and he parked the car. "Are you going to stay here in the car?" He asked, grabbing his stuff from the back seat.

I shook my head wildly. Of course not. "No, I'm going to the mall across the road."

He threw something at me, his credit card. "There, buy whatever you like. Consider that my apology for almost killing you."

I raised my eyebrows at that, but I didn't say anything. Instead I stepped out of the car, planted a kiss on his cheek, and told him I would meet him later.

Finally, after so many weeks I can do some shopping. I feel so alive. With a big smile on my face I made my way towards the mall. I couldn't wait to finally walk into Gucci and Louis Vuitton and do some serious shopping.

The credit card that my dad gave me was only for business purposes. I couldn't use it for shopping or anything personal. But luckily Ethan gave me his and I would make good use of it. I snickered silently before I stepped into the Gucci store.

Ethan: Where are you?

I received a text from Ethan two hours later. I sat down exhausted at Starbucks with so many designer bags around me.

Me: I'm at starbucks. In the mall.

After I sent the message I ordered a Caramel Macchiato. When I got my drink Ethan entered Starbucks. Immediately everyone's eyes went towards him. Of course. He looked like a damn model.

His eyes widened as he saw all the designer bags. I smiled sheepishly at him. Okay maybe I spend a little too much.

"Jesus, Nicole!" He sat down across me, still in shock. "You seriously have a shopping addiction."

"I maybe went a little overboard." I said in a small voice, slurping loudly on my drink.

"A little?" Ethan chuckled and shook his head. "You mean too much, princess."

"I'm sorry, I should have warn you but I was just too excited. I haven't shopped in weeks."

Ethan leaned over the table and kissed me on my forehead. "Let's go home, I'm starving. Home made or take out?"

"Take out." I replied. Ethan seemed tired and I didn't want him to stand behind the stove to cook for us.

He grabbed the shopping bags and we walked together to the car. He put the bags in the backseat and we drove to a Thai restaurant. "I hope you like Thai food."

I never had Thai food before, but for everything there's a first time. We stepped out and Ethan ordered the food while I sat on a table. When he finally sat down I asked him what he ordered.

"Beef noodle, Chicken wings, and Pad Thai." Ethan said. "I love Pad Thai, I had a friend who lived in Thailand for three years and he could make the most delicious Pad Thai."

"I would like to meet that friend of yours. Maybe he can make us some Pad Thai."

"He's now in Australia with his wife. We can go visit them sometimes."

"In Australia?" I asked, raising up my eyebrows. I have never went to Australia, but I would love to. "I would love to go there someday."

"Let's go tomorrow." Ethan replied casually.

I slapped him on his arm. "We have dinner with Rose tomorrow."

"Oh yes." Ethan facepalmed himself. "I almost forgot. And oh, I want to tell you something. Since you're officially my girlfriend---,"

"What?! When?" I asked half in shock, half surprise.

"Yesterday of course. When we kissed. You're officially my girlfriend. I don't like to share."

The way he said it, it sound so good. I grinned, leaned over, and bit his bottom lip. "I like the sound of that."

"Tease!" He scolded when I sat back on my seat, not continuing the lip biting that would lead to kissing and other things.

"Patience, darling." I whispered. "Anyways," I said in a normal voice. "What did you want to say?"

"Oh yes, we are invited to attend the yearly ball in Dubai in two weeks."

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !