Chapter. 38

Nicole Vargas

I adjusted the straps of my black striped bikini and grabbed my sunblock out of my beach bag that I borrowed from my mom. She had a whole closet with bags and she didn't like it when I borrowed one. But once in the blue moon, just once, she let me choose something out of her collection of bags. I opened the sunblock and squeezed a little bit on my hand and applied it on my body.

This was my third day in Brazil and so far I have been enjoying it.

I went shopping the same day I arrived and attended a party last night hosted by one of my mother's friends. My mom didn't mention that it would be an art party, so it was boring to say the least. Today I decided to go to the beach and get a beautiful golden brown tan before going back to New york, which will be at the end of next week.

I was so ready to go back to the busy city and get started on my boutique. Rose was currently also on vacation in Morocco.

I put on my sunglasses and laid down on the beach chair. The chattering from the people around me and the cool breeze from the ocean gave me a tranquil feeling. Living in a busy city as New York made me crave for a relaxed environment quite often. Even though Brazil was not exactly a quiet and relaxed city, it was my home.

And home is where the heart is.

Although that's what I thought until last night when I cried myself to sleep. The feeling of guilt suddenly took me over and I started to bawl my eyes out. I thought that I was slowly going insane. There was a missing piece in my heart and I knew exactly what that missing piece was. It was the sound of the piano, the warmth of his body, and the love that he fed me.

"Hey."

I opened my eyes to see who stood between me and the sun. I immediately gasped as I saw it was none other than Hayden. What the hell was he doing here? He was standing next to my beach chair, his hair all wet and his toned skin glistening in the sun. He wore his orange shorts so low, that I could see his v-line.

"Like what you see?" He asked smirking, raising his eyebrows up at me.

Pursing my lips I slowly sat up straight. "Definitely...not." I answered, giving him a final once over. "I have seen better." I added, my mind wandering off to Ethan. For his body I would definitely drop my panties.

I didn't miss how Hayden's face fell. He quickly recovered, because he sat down on the beach chair next to mine. "How's your vacation so far?" he asked, his eyes continuously wandering from my boobs to my thighs.

I shrugged as I crossed my legs and placed a towel over my exposed legs and breasts since Hayden couldn't keep his eyes off my body. "Great, I miss home though."

"But you are home." He said, frowning his eyebrows at me as he, finally, looked at my face.

"Yes...well no, not exactly. I have found a new home." I answered absent-mindedly.

"It's Ethan, isn't it. New york is your new home?" The disappointment was visible in his voice. "Why are pretty girls always attracted to the fuckboys?" He muttered under his breath quietly, but still loud enough for me to hear.

"What did you just say?" I narrowed my eyes at him even though he could not see them due the big sunglasses I was wearing.

"You've heard exactly what I said. Have you even seen what's on the news the past few days?" he asked, fishing his phone out of his pocket.

"Do you mean the gossips? Then no, other than that I'm well aware of what is happening around the world."

"Yes, I meant the gossips. Because it was or it is still very interesting you know." His lips curled into a half smile as he switched on his phone and furiously started scrolling down.

"How so? Gossips are just a bunch of made up things."

He chuckled, but didn't look up from his phone. "I wouldn't be so sure about that, because your loverboy is having quiet a good time without your presence there while you're over here sulking."

"Please don't feed me your bullshit. I'm trying to make the best out of this vacation." I was about to lay down again when he pushed his phone into my hands.

"Bullshit? Really? Why don't you look at this and tell me if I'm still feeding you lies?"

I looked at the picture on his phone and my heart immediately clenched. Tears were brimming behind my eyes, but I tried to not burst out in front of Hayden. I would not give him that satisfaction to watch me break down so he could comfort me.

The picture on his phone was from none other than Ethan with a beautiful girl in a sushi restaurant. She held his hand and was smiling at him like he was her whole world. There was another picture where they went to church and there was a last one where he hugged her and placed a kiss on her forehead before she walked into the four seasons hotel.

To watch all this from afar was painful. I should have been her. It should have been me in the pictures, holding his hand and going with him to church.

Part of me was screaming screw him. But the other part of me was screaming fight for what you love.

I couldn't let this happen. Oh hell no! I made a stupid mistake of letting him go and I really really need him back. He is my home, without him I would just be someone with a missing piece in her heart.

I threw the phone back to Hayden and immediately started packing my stuff. I threw on my pink beach dress and zipped my beach bag close.

"Where are you going?" Hayden asked worriedly.

"Back to New York." I told him as I put my hair in a ponytail. I picked up my bag and stuffed my sunglasses in it.

"What?" His eyes widened in surprise.

I threw a glance at the helpless Hayden behind me. He thought that after seeing the pictures I would run to him. Boo-hoo, his plan backfired.

"I'm pretty sure you heard what I said. Now if you will excuse me, I have a plane to catch."

FOLLOW ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA FOR SNEAK PEEKS, MY UPDATING SCHEDULE, MY UPCOMING STORIES, Q & A's AND SO MUCH MORE !!

**RECOMMEND/SHARE THIS STORY TO YOUR FRIENDS OR ANYONE WHO MIGHT LIKE IT !

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !