Chapter. 29

Nicole Vargas

"Is it safe to say that we can order takeout?" Ethan asked, as he dropped his fork down on his plate. He looked up at me and gave me an apologetic smile. "I really appreciate your effort princess. I really do, but this is...it's just not edible."

I stayed silent as I stared down at my food. The embarrassment was real. First of all, the food was a disaster. It was horrible. Too much salt, butter. Just too much of everything. Second of all, Veronika bitch Morozov joined us for dinner. My first time and last time ever cooking and Ethan's perfect ex-girlfriend had to be here and eat my food. Third of all, Ethan just can't seem to get the hint that I want her out of this house.

I was pissed and I had all the right to dump this shit food on his head, but instead I just nodded my head at him. "Yeah, takeout sounds good."

"Great!" Veronika's shrill voice shouted as she pushed her plate away. "Honey, don't worry. I got you, the first time I ever cooked I burned the steak. This is totally natural for a first timer." She flashed me one of her million dollar smiles that I only saw in magazines.

I clenched my teeth, trying to stay the kind and happy housewife. I forced a smile and looked up at her. "Yeah, so uhm Veronika, where are you going to stay the night?"

She looked surprised at the both of us. "Is that even a question?" She asked, laughing as she rolled her eyes at me. "I will stay here of course. I told Ethan about it."

"Forgot to mention that too." Ethan said, looking guilty at me. "I'm sorry, Princess. The guest room is clean, so don't worry about that."

I narrowed my eyes at him and stood up from the table. "I feel a headache coming up. Ethan are you going to order the food? And Veronika sweetheart, can you clean up the table?" The sarcasm in my voice did not go unnoticed as I saw Ethan flinch.

"Clean up the table?" She sputtered.

I smiled at her. "Yes, it's not much and Ethan told me how much of a kitchen princess you are. Since I have a headache would you be kind enough to clean it up for me?"

Without waiting for an answer, I made my way upstairs. I was so pissed and the storm inside me was getting worse the longer I stayed in the kitchen.

I cannot believe that Ethan can be so irresponsible and inconsiderate. Didn't he think that maybe I had a problem that his ex-girlfriend is staying here?

I clenched and unclenched my fists. So much stress is not good for me. I really should calm myself down, before I'll get wrinkles.

I prepared a nice bath for myself and laid in there for a while. A nice bath is always the best way to calm myself down. After the bath I will feel much better about myself.

After the bath I grabbed my peignoir to cover my body. When I walked into the bedroom, Ethan was sitting on the bed, patiently waiting for me. In one hand he had chinese takeout and with his other hand he was fiddling nervously with the bed sheets.

I ignored him and sat down on the other side of the bed. As far as I could from him.

"Princess," He whispered quietly. "I'm so sorry. I should have told you about Veronika."

"You have just realized that now?" I snapped, narrowing my eyes at him. "What am I to you, Ethan?"

"My girlfriend, soon-to-be fiancee." He answered in a matter of fact tone.

"Keep doing -excuse my language- shit like this and I will soon be your ex-girlfriend."

"That will never happen."

"Don't think so highly of yourself, Gray!" I yelled angrily. "I'm so fucking pissed right now, you have no idea!"

"I already told you how sorry I am." He cried out, placing the food on the bed. "I brought you food, is this going to help you calm down?"

"Calm down?!" I seethed, my eyes basically spitting fire at him. "How would you feel If I brought my ex-boyfriend home? How would you feel? Tell me!"

"I would punch him."

"I would do the same thing with Veronika, but I am not the violent type. But damn it if I cannot stand the situation anymore...," I took a deep breath and continued, "do you have any idea how easy it was for me to break her ribs?"

"I'm glad you did not do that."

"You should be! Ethan, I am your girlfriend. Girlfriend! What you did today was not acceptable!"

"I know, princess. I know. And I am so fucking sorry for not telling you earlier. I really am sorry."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a while. "How long did you know that she would come?"

"Since yesterday." He answered, his voice barely in a whisper.

"Is that why you were so wary and forgot about our date?" I questioned, keeping my eyes on him. I studied his body language, because that is how I know if he's telling the truth or if he's simply lying to me.

"If I would say no than I would be lying."

I really really wanted to throw the night lamp on him. "And...you decided to not tell me."

"I know that this would be your reaction."

"And you still chose to not tell me?! You brought your ex in the house where your current girlfriend is living?"

"Where else would I bring her? Four seasons? You know that would cause another big fight."

"Get out! Get out of this room before I throw this night lamp at you!" I yelled as I stood up and grabbed the night lamp to threaten him. I would not actually throw it at him, I just wanted to scare him.

"Why are you so mad? I don't understand?" He asked frustrated, going with his hand through his hair. "I'm so clueless right now as why you are mad. This is not a big deal!"

"Get out of this room and only come back when you realize why I am so fucking furious right now!" I hissed angrily.

"No, I will not. You tell me why you're mad. We will talk this out!" He said firmly. "I will not go out of this room until you tell me what's your problem!"

I stared bewildered at him. "You don't know what's my problem?! You don't know?!! Well listen, my problem is Veronika bitch Morozov. The rest you can figure out yourself! And until you don't know what you did wrong, don't bother looking for me!"

I angrily grabbed my phone and keys and walked out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind me closed. I did not care, that I was in my peignoir. Right now, the only thing on my mind is that I should get the fuck out of this house.

At the end of the stairs, Veronika was looking worried at me. She wanted to say something, but I immediately shut her up.

"This is what you want right?" I laughed falsely as I gave her a dirty look. "Enjoy your time with Ethan!"

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !