Chapter. 28

**Cover made by _RomanceQueen_

Nicole Vargas

I sighed as I read the letter that was on the nightstand along with a tray of breakfast. Ethan had to go out early again today. We didn't even got a chance to talk. Last night after the piano he carried me upstairs and we went straight to bed.

I was laying down for an hour or so wide awake, listening to his soft snores next to me. He was too tired to even stay up for another half hour or so to talk.

Rose just messaged me that the audition with the models has been rescheduled. That means I didn't had to go anywhere today, I could just do my work from home.

I took a long shower and dressed in comfortable clothes. I did my work while having breakfast outside the balcony. Next to me was the cooking book Rose gave me that one time she invited Ethan and I to dinner.

I was thinking of cooking dinner tonight and discuss certain things- like the chat message from Veronika.

Yes, I was literally contemplating whether to cook or just head out, order some takeout and bring it back home. But cooking might be more effective.

Even though I cannot cook if my life depends on it, I'll just try today. Silently praying, I'll not burn the kitchen down this time or put anything in the kitchen on fire. I might as well carry a fire extinguisher on my back, just in case.

I searched for the easiest recipe in the book, but came to the conclusion that there were none. Going through the book once again, I settled for Chicken and Broccoli alfredo. That just seem to be the easiest.

I looked at the time and saw I still had a whole half day before it was time to prepare dinner. I called Angela asking if she wants to have a girls day out and she immediately said yes.

I grabbed the car keys and my sunglasses and headed outside. Ethan wrote in the letter also that he couldn't have lunch with me today, because he is meeting up with someone. Probably an investor or so.

I drove to Downtown New York, because that's where Angela and I would meet up. Little by little I am getting familiar with this place, thanks to my dear little trusted friend GPS.

I searched for a parking spot to park my car and headed out to meet Angela. She messaged me a while ago that she would be at the Westfield World trade center.

When I was already there I looked for the Sephora store because that's where she would be. When I finally found the Sephora store, I saw her in front, looking impatiently around.

She finally spotted me and walked over towards me, smiling widely. "There you are! Finally we can hang out!" She took me into a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm doing well, how about you?" I asked, as she released me out of her hug. "I thought since I didn't had anything to do at home, might as well spend some time with you."

Angela laughed. "Then let's go. I have so much planned for us. Let's go to the Spa first?"

"Spa?" I asked. I was more thinking of shopping today.

"Yeah, and then to the hair salon or do you want to go shopping afterwards. Anyways the point is that we will not leave anytime soon. Let's go!" Angela grabbed my hand and dragged me to her and I quote 'favorite spa in whole New York.'

We went to the spa, did some shopping, and then headed out for a very late lunch. It was already five when we decided that it was enough for today. Both exhausted and satisfied we sat in Starbucks, sipping on our strawberry frappuccino.