Chapter. 33

Nicole Vargas

I groaned as I twisted and turned in bed. Mentally I was happy, because the reason I'm in so much pain right now means that I'm not pregnant. Physically I was dying from the back pain and constant cramps. It felt like my insides was being ripped out and sawn in half.

I'm not always in so much pain, but once in the six months... shit gets real. Like today. I didn't even had the strength to stand up and make myself something to eat. I was just twisting and turning in bed trying to somehow ease the pain.

The entire night I had trouble sleeping. I drank one ibuprofen, but it only help to ease the pain for a couple of hours. Back in Brazil, mom or the maid would make some special soup during times like these. Mom would also massage my stomach and back to ease the pain.

My eyes were heavy and tired. I laid flat on my stomach on the bed when there was a knock on my door. I internally screamed as I tried to sit up straight in bed. When I finally sat up straight it felt like I was being stabbed by a knife from the back. I groaned as I tried to hold my tears back.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and looked at the time. It was only eight in the morning. I called Rose last night that I could not make it to work, who the hell was now at my door?

I angrily grabbed the gun that Veronika gave me and stumbled my way to the front door. I will not shoot the person. Just scare them away. I was not in the mood for a conversation at all. The pain in my back and stomach became unbearable and my patience was running low.

I opened the door, ready to snap at whoever was standing there, but instead my eyes widened in surprise.

"Goodmorn--- Jesus Nicole, why do you have a gun with you?" Ethan's eyes bulged out of his socket as he stared at the dangerous thing in my hand.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I breathed out heavily as I felt a jab on my sides . The pain in my stomach was getting worse the longer I stand.

"I-- I'm just here to...oh my god, there's blood on your thighs." Ethan screeched, as he pointed at the blood that was seeping down my thighs. What the fuck.

I looked down and cursed loudly. I placed the gun on the table next to the door and stumbled back to my room.

"Are you okay Nicole? Are you hurting yourself?" Ethan yelled worriedly from behind me. "Are you cutting yourself? Why are you cutting yourself down there, I swear Nicole if you---,"

I rolled my eyes at his stupidness. "I'm on my bloody period, Gray!" I yelled back as I closed my bedroom door. The pain in my stomach didn't vanished as I cleaned myself up in the bathroom. I decided to take another long warm bath. The bath felt so good as it was a remedy to the stomach cramps. The pain did not went away completely, but it was not as bad as before.

After I was done I dried myself, dressed in a loose fitting outfit and walked towards the bedroom. The pain in my back was still there, but it wasn't as bad as before. Right now I just felt tired and sleepy since I haven't got a good night sleep.

When I entered my bedroom the smell of something delicious entered my nostrils. At the end of my bed Ethan waited for me with a bowl of soup. Now that I finally felt like I was not being sawn from the inside, I could finally take a good look at Ethan. He wore a white loose fitting shirt and gray track pants. His hair was neatly comb, but his eyes. His usually lively eyes looked dull.

"You didn't have to do this." I croaked out as I crawled on the bed. "But thank you." I managed to give him a sincere smile

"Of course I had to do this." He said in a matter of fact tone. "You look miserable."