Chapter. 31

Nicole Vargas

I threw my bag on the bed and stripped out of my work clothes. It was already seven in the evening and I just arrived home from work. Today I went to see the seamstresses and how far they are with sewing the gowns. They did a wonderful job and I stayed there for a couple hours to watch them doing their work. I also helped them and assist them where needed.

On my way home I grabbed myself dinner, Chicken wings and fries. Since I skipped lunch today, I was starving right now. Rose helped me with the last minute planning. The fashion show is in two days and so far everything has been going great. We went to the venue twice to give instructions and advice to the decorators.

Even though I hired an event planner, I still wanted to get involved in everything.

I took a long shower and washed my hair since it felt so dry after being outside all day. I scrubbed my body thoroughly to get rid of all the toxicity. After I step out of the shower, I dried my body and hair and put on a pair of shorts and a white shirt. I combed my hair and walked out of the room to the kitchen.

I placed the chicken wings and fries on a plate. I was about to throw the paper bag away when there was a knock on my door.

I look at the time and wondered who it could be. I was starving and I wasn't in the mood for visitors. I let out an annoyed groan as I made my way through the endless roses, that Ethan delivered to me for the past five days, to open the door. I opened the door and raised my eyebrows at the person standing in front of me.

His hair was disheveled, his eyes were tired, but damn didn't he look delicious in his Armani suit. I shook my head lightly. This is not the time to think about him as a snack.

"Nicole, we need to talk." His voice held so much authority than the last time he came to visit me.

I raised my eyebrows at him, placing my hands on my hips. "Yeah?" I cocked my head to the side. "Then talk."

"Aren't you going to invite me inside?" He asked as he tried to peek behind me. He gave me a once over, but rested his eyes on my face. "Do you have company?"

"What if I had? That's none of your business anyways." I replied sassily. I was hungry, I was tired, and I was so not in the mood in having a conversation with him.

"It is my business. You're still my girlfriend. I never broke up with you." he said firmly as he tried to peek behind me again. I rolled my eyes at him

"Well, then I will break up with you! Right here, right no...,"

Ethan interrupted me and laughed. "Oh hell no, you're not breaking up with me, princess. I'm here for the long run. Now can I come inside, we have so much to talk about. Have you received my roses and cards? Oh and dinner?"

"Those things will not help you to win me back. I just want you to realize what you did wrong. I want to hear it from your own mouth." I narrowed my eyes at him. "Have you realized your mistake, Gray?"

He stared at me for a second and let out a deep sigh. "I guess you're still mad at me then. Should I be honest, Nicole?"

"Will the truth hurt?"

He shrugged his shoulders . "Depends on how you take it."

"Shoot."

"I still don't know what I did wrong, can you please give me a hint?" he asked, looking hopelessly at me.

I glared at him and took a step back. I cannot believe this man. "Bye Gray." I wanted to slam the door in front of his face, but he stopped me.

"Why are you being so dramatic, Nicole. Why can't you just tell me, like a normal human being, what I did wrong?"

"I am dramatic? Seriously? You are the one who cannot figure out your mistake. You are old enough to realize your mistakes yourself. I will not tell you!" I snapped angrily.

"Is it because Veronika is a better cook and you're not?"

I was fuming, it's not rocket science to realize what he did wrong. Why can't he just realize it? He graduated with a bachelor degree, he is a CEO, but a simple thing like this he cannot figure out. I don't want to hear him say sorry. I just want to hear him say that he was wrong for giving Veronika permission to sleep over. I wanted to hear him say that he had to discuss the whole Veronika thing with me first before bringing her to the house. Or something along these lines.

Not a goddamn sorry.

Ethan does not know what he did wrong and as long as he doesn't know, he will do it again. I will not tell him what he did wrong, he's old enough to figure it out himself. So why can't he just ughhh!

"That is not the reason at all!" I let out a long frustrated groan. "I don't care if she can cook better than me or that she is a better housewife. I do not care! And that's also not the reason why I am mad. It is all about you!"

"Then I don't know what you are talking about? I am fucking clueless, Nicole."

"That's none of my business. Come back when you have got your shit together!" I hissed before slamming the door close in his face.

I let out a huff and stomped my way to the kitchen to grab my food. I accidentally kicked a bouquet of roses down, but I didn't care. The whole room was filled with roses and unopened letters.

I brought my food to the living room and turned on netflix. This should help me calm down. Too much stress is not good for your skin I told myself. The past few days I have been stressing so much. If it's not about work, it's about Ethan.

I was about to dig in when there was another knock on my door. I groaned, but didn't bother to get up, knowing that it was Ethan.

The knocks didn't stop and I let out a strangled scream. I'm going to murder him if he will apologize again.

I walked out of the living room and opened the door. "Can you come back when you realize what you did wrong?!!" I yelled out, my vision red from anger.

I was about to close the door again when the person in front of me spoke. "Hey Nicole."

That voice. Definitely not Ethan.

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !