Chapter. 40

Nicole Vargas

Ethan stared at me agape. Totally paralyzed, his eyes bulging out of his socket. "Did you just dropped the L-bomb?"

He finally spoke up after what seemed like a decade. His chest was rising up and down rapidly and his eyes held all kinds of emotions that it was hard for me to make out what he was actually thinking.

I knew it was not a good idea.

"I-yeah I did." I answered looking down at my coffee mug that was now half empty. My fingers trembled, but I managed to hide them under my shirt.

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest, afraid of what Ethan was about to say. I should not have said it. Now I will ruin this perfect moment I have with him.

I should have waited.

But I can't. I honestly can't wait anymore.

I wanted him to know how I feel about him.

About this. About us.

I wanted him to know that I'm also here for the long run. I may have walked out of his life, but I came back.

And I think it will always be like that. No matter what, I will always come back to him. Because he is my home. My peace. My safe haven.

Ethan leaned in closer to me and tilted my chin up so I could stare right in his eyes. A small smile appeared on his face as he softly caressed my cheek. "I love you, too."

This time I was the one that was star struck. I couldn't believe what I heard and I had to blink my eyes a couple of times to assure myself that I was not dreaming

I hadn't expect him to say it so fast. I stared in complete awe at the handsome guy in front of me before leaning in further and kissing him briefly on his lips.

"I still cannot cook." I murmured against his lips as I slowly pulled away. His warm breath was fanning in my face.

I felt his lips curling up into a smile. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as he studied my face. "I will be there to cook."

"I still take hours to dress up."

Ethan traced my lips with his fingers as he kissed me on my forehead. I love forehead kisses. "I will be there to wait."

"Why are you so patient with me?" I asked as I stared in his eyes again. His eyes held so much adoration, I could practically melt.

"Why?" He asked, giving me a small smile. "Because what I have with you, I don't want with anyone else." Ethan pulled me closer towards him and nuzzled his face in my hair. "You are jetlagged, princess. Want to take a nap?"

I yawned as I stayed in his arms for a little longer. I have missed him after all. "A nap sounds good."

---

Soft music in the distance...

My eyes fluttered open as I shielded my eyes from the sunlight. It was shining right into my face. I yawned as I reached for my phone on the nightstand. When I finally got hold of it I heard footsteps outside the room.

"Good Morning."

Ethan stood in the doorway with a tray of food in his hands. He wore a crisp dark blue suit and it seemed like he was ready to go to work. His hair was neatly combed and a big smile was plastered on his face.

"Good Morning." I mumbled confused as I switched on my phone to see what time it was. "Did I sleep through until the morning?"

Ethan chuckled and put the tray with food in front of me. He walked over towards the window and closed the blinds a little so that the sun wasn't shining directly at me. "Yes, you did. I wanted to wake you up, but you were sleeping so peacefully."

"Wow, I hadn't realized that I was so tired." I looked at the breakfast tray and my mouth started to water. There was scones, a cup of coffee, and bagels.

"That looks so delicious." I said as I grabbed a scone and took a bite of it. It was so good, it basically melted in my mouth.

"Rose called when you were asleep. I picked up your phone. She wants to meet you today to discuss the opening of the boutique." Ethan informed me as he sat down at the end of the bed.

I stopped chewing on the delicious scone and stared at him agape. She came back early from her vacation. "What time?"

Ethan glanced at his watch and then looked up at me again. "In two hours."

"Thank god." I let out a breath of relieve as I continued to devour the deliciously looking scones. Two hours will be enough time to get ready and exfoliate my face.

"Oh my god...This is so good." I pointed at the scones. "I wouldn't mind waking up to it every morning."

Ethan chuckled as he watched me eat. "I would love to stay here and watch you eat, but I need to be at a meeting now. The car keys are on the kitchen table. Can I take you out for lunch today?"

"I will call you. I have a lot to catch up with Rose." I told him as I sip on the coffee.

"Rose can come along too." He said as he smoothed out his suit.

"And third wheel? I think not."

"Fine." Ethan laughed as he stood up from the bed. "What about dinner?"

"Dinner sounds better." I told him with a smile.

Ethan nodded his head and walked over towards me, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "It's a date then."

I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from squealing in excitement. I watch Ethan walk out of my room, but before he could close the door I called him. "Ethan!"

He turned around and raised an eyebrow up at me. "Yes?"

"Am I forgiven?" I asked quietly.

"Princess, I thought that we have already established that." He said a small chuckle rising up from his throat. "But... there are also other ways to make up for what you did."

He send me a wink and I gasp. "You dirty minded freak!" I yelled as he closed the door behind him.

I heard his laughter echo in the hallway. "Right back at you, princess!"

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !