Chapter. 32

Nicole Vargas

I looked at the Russian model in front of me. Her eyes roaming over my body and stopped when it reached my angry eyes.

"Veronika." I stated as I gave her a skeptical look.

"Can I come inside?" She asked, smiling tightly at me. She wore a dark green dress with spaghetti straps with five inch killer heels. She literally towered over me like a giant ogre.

"So you can murder me with your stilettos? I don't think so."

She sighed and rolled her eyes at me. "We really need to talk. You look so miserable and I pity you."

"I don't need your pity." I snapped as I glared at her. I cannot believe she came all the way here to tell me this.

Veronika just shrugged her shoulders and stepped inside my apartment. "Whatever you say, but we need to talk."

What is it with these people wanting to talk to me? And did she just waltz inside my apartement? The nerve.

"If you don't get your dirty feet out of my apartment, I swear Veronika, I will break your neck and call the police." I threatened her in a dangerous voice.

She chuckled and glanced over her shoulders down at me. Yes, she was a Gru and I was a minion at the moment. "Then you would be charged for murder." she replied sweetly.

"Fine then, I will just call the police."

"Don't even bother." Veronika turned around as she spoke to me. "I really need to tell you something about Ethan and I. I thought I would never have to do this, but you are so dramatic about the whole situation so I figured I had to clear some things up, yeah?"

I narrowed my eyes at her, still not believing her. "If you want to murder me, the knife is in the top drawer in the kitchen."

Veronika snorted out in laughter. "Seriously, Nicole? If I wanted to murder you---," She stopped talking and rummaged through her purse and pulling out a pink-how cliché-beretta 380. "Then I would have just pointed this at your head, but I'm not doing that right now am I?"

"You might as well do it." I said daringly, eyeing the dangerous pink looking gun in her hand.

"Do you have suicidal thoughts? You need to see a fucking therapist, Vargas." She furrowed her eyebrows at me and then glanced at her watch. "I will miss my flight if we don't start talking now. Close the door and lets sit on your couch and have some girly-girl conversation, yeah?"

I decided to just hear her out and see what she has to say. I closed the door behind me and walked passed her. "I swear to god Veronika, if this conversation is as shitty as Ethan's apology, I will call the police."

"Is it possible to call the police from the afterlife?"

I immediately spun around and glared at her. "So you are planning to kill me, you bitch ass Russian. Get out of my apartment!"

She put her hands up in surrender and cackled. "Oh my god, I was just kidding. It was a joke."

"Look Veronika. If you will not be serious, then I don't want to hear the shit you have to say. Because the only reason Ethan and I are living separately right now is because of you!"

I walked into the living room and sat on the end of the couch. Veronika sat across me. She looked around my apartment as she put her purse next to her. "Nice apartment you have here."

"Thanks, and what are you here for again?"

"Oh yeah." She took a deep breath and slowly breathed out again. She didn't look at me as she began talking, but instead she looked at the floor. "So, I guess Ethan told you about us living together for the past seven years and our uhmm well friends with benefits kind of relationship."