Chapter 1: A decision

(This is basic okay bear with me I have less than 50 brain cells ;-;)

Your POV

You take a deep breath. And another. You have to do this. You check your face in the mirror. It doesn't look like you've been crying. No tear stains, no red face. You're ready. You walk out of your room into your parents'.

You take one last deep breath.

"Mom, if you really need to, we can move to Hawkins. I'll be okay."

Your dad had gotten a new job offer, and he would get a raise if he took it. A big raise. You've seen how stressed your parents have been lately, barely surviving with their current income. When they told you what had happened, and that it was up to you, you knew you had to say yes. You wanted to see your parents happy.

Your dad's at work, so your mom is reading alone. She looks up.

"Are you serious Y/N?" (That's your name kiddos)

"Yeah mom."

"And your not just doing this for us? You really are absolutely fine with this?" your mom questions.

"It'll be fun, yeah!" you manage to say.

"Alright then, we'll tell your father at dinner." your mom smiles. You can see that she is happier already. You're confident you've done what's best.

"Sure." you say as you leave.

You lock the door to your room. What did you just do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When your dad is home and dinner is ready, your parents call you out into the kitchen. You inwardly groan and sit down.

"So *your dad's name*, Y/N and I have something we'd like to tell you.

When you hear your name, you're suddenly thrown into a paroxysm of fear. What in the world was I thinking? I can't move to another state!

"Y/N, would you like to tell him?" your mom asks.

"Actually I d-" you start. Then you notice how tired your dad looks. How hard he works for you. 

"I think you should tell him." you say, stabbing your chicken.

"Well, Y/N came to me this afternoon and told me that she would be perfectly fine with moving to Hawkins."

Your dad raises an eyebrow. "Your kidding."

"Nope!" your mom brightly states.

"Well, alright then!" your dad says as he looks you over. He looks suspicious. You do your best smile. After a second or two, he looks away satisfied.

When dinner is done, you lock the door to your room, again.