Chapter 13: Winter

You're up an hour early. You can't seem to go back to sleep, so you watch TV until it's time to get ready. When it's time to go, you peer outside.

"Oh...dammit." you say to yourself. It's snowing. It's not so bad, but you'd rather be driven. You're about to ask your mom to give you a ride, but you remember she won't be back till this afternoon. You sigh and put on your jacket. Then comes a scarf and some gloves. You don't feel like putting on snow pants, so you hope your jeans will do. There's a light layer of snow on the road. You'll be able to get by.

You shiver as you ride. As you continue pedaling, the snow falls heavier. You panic as you try to speed up. You wonder what the hell is up with the weather. Yesterday it felt like spring, but now you're freezing. You stand up and pedal as fast as possible, muttering the s-word repeatedly. 

You arrive with rosy cheeks and chattering teeth, and shudder as you quickly lock up your bike. As you rush inside, you take off your scarf and gloves. "Holy shit," you mutter as you take off your jacket. "That sucked." You walk to your locker and stuff your jacket inside, sighing for the second time of the day.

"You biked, today?" says a voice behind you that causes butterflies in your stomach. "Are you insane?"

"Yes," you say. "Why are you asking?"

Mike shrugs. "C'mon we'll be late for science."

You follow him down the hall into Mr. Clarke's room. Mike takes his usual seat with the boys, and so do you. You do your best to ignore the stares in your direction that Mike told you about.

Lunch went by too quickly. After you finished eating, the bell rang and you and Mike left for English.

"Good afternoon everyone. I hope everyone was able to finish their projects over the weekend. Today we will be presenting...blah blah blah blah." (A/N:ME THO ;-;)

It's impossible to stay awake the rest of the day. You do a pretty great job zoning out for the afternoon but making it look like you actually care. Tonight you're going to pass out the second you walk in the door.

RINGGGG That's it. That's the bell. You jump out of your seat and skip out the door. Your locker is filled with winter clothes, and you remember you have to bike home. Groaning, you put on your jacket and head to the exit.

"You've got to be kidding me." you mumble as you take your bike from the ride. At least at the end of the week, you'll be off for winter break. 

The weather has only gotten worse. After 20 minutes of cursing, freezing, and complaining, you throw down your bike and rush inside, fumbling as you desperately insert your key in your door.

You let out a deep breath and take off your jacket. Welcoming your parents back, you drag yourself into your room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's a week full of this. Your parents have miraculously already found a way to go into work early, so you're stuck biking through the cold. A week.

It's Friday. You and the boys are dying to leave social studies, and when the bell finally rings, well...

You all jump up at the same time and do your best not to 'trip' on each other's feet while sprinting out of the classroom. You dance through the hall to your locker. It doesn't even bother you that you have to bike home. Who the hell cares? You're free from hell for a week! The wind and snow have stopped anyway.  (A/N: Uhm idk pause the video I guess)

Excitedly pedaling home, you hum to the song that was shown in music class today. When you get home, you jam your key in the door and rush inside.

"Hey honey, how was school?" your mom asks when you come home.