Chapter 19: Sleepovaaa

That Friday, the party and I were going to play D&D at my house.

It was a usual campaign for us. The boys and I playing an intense game of Dungeons and Dragons, and Y/N observing from the couch.

"You know guys, this is really unhealthy. We've been hardcore couch-potatoing for like...ever." Y/N says warily.

"Sorry mum, me and my mates shall go out into the world in a few." I say in a horrid British accent.

(A/N: Wth is wrong with my brain.)

She rolls her beautiful (sigh, Mike, what has she done to you mate) eyes and goes back to writing.

"What're you even doing? That stupid English essay isn't due till like next next Monday." I question.

"I want a head start." she mumbles without looking up.

"You're lying." I state with the utmost confidence, dropping the Thessel-Hydra figurine I slammed onto the table a second ago.

The boys are watching with an expression I'm getting sick of. Dustin and Lucas are obnoxiously making nasty kissy noises, and Will is failing horribly to hide his giggles. (A/N: I <3 WILL BYERSS)

Y/N and I have been putting up with this almost since we met, so we do a pretty good job at ignoring them.

"Oh, and what makes you think that?" she says nonchalantly, although I swear I just saw her swallow hard.

"Please Y/N, that's insulting. Just what are you doing, and I'll piss off." I reason.

She sighs and gets up off the couch with a bounce.

"See, I, as in me, the girl in front of you." she gesticulates widely. "am writing." She mimes writing and nods slowly. "With me?"

"Oh please-"

"For school. You know, that place we ride our bikes to everyday?" she pretends to ride a bike. "Got it? Or do you need to relearn your ABC's."

"Way to be a smart-ass." I say, rolling my eyes at her. Without giving her a chance to react, I dodge around her and grab her notebook.

"Mike, what the shit?!" she says in shock, spinning around to meet me.

"Give it back." she says sternly, trying to grab it out of my hands. I hold it above my head, and she can't reach it even when she jumps.

"Nah, I think I;m gonna take lil peek at w-" I start. But I stop in shock when I turn to the page that's bookmarked.

Her face is bright red. She makes one last desperate attempt to grab it, but I hold it above her reach again.

"Guys look!" I show the boys excitedly.

It's a half-finished drawing of us playing D&D.

"Woah, Y/N! Why didn't you tell me!" Will asks. He loved to draw too.

"I, uh-" Y/N starts.

"Man this is so good! How long have you been drawing?" Lucas asks.

"I don't know, I guess since I came here?" She says, confused.

"And you didn't show anyone?" I ask.

"I dunno, I didn't think much of it." She mumbled, shrugging.

"Didn't think much of it?" Dustin laughs as he further inspects the drawing.

It's like she took a picture and drew from that. The drawing shows Will jumping up and down, Dustin and Lucas high-fiving, and me screaming my head off in incredible detail.

Y/N blushes. Not just a light pink, a blood red.

I look away because I know I can't help but stare. God, that was cute.

(A/N: ik that seems hella corny but when you like someone ya know)

We continue our game and somehow it's midnight.

"Oh...guys." Y/N says, gesturing to the clock.

"Nice." Dustin laughs. "Mom's gonna freak."

"Oh God..." Will says in fear. "Can I use your phone?"

"Yeah," I grin. "Call your mom. Anyone else?"

They all say that their parents would know they're okay.

(A/N: It's the 80's no one worries about being taken)

We all set up our sleepwear and settle into bed.
I can't seem to close my eyes without being thrown into my own mind.

I decide I should just go upstairs and do something if I couldn't go to bed. Everyone else was asleep anyway.

Sighing, I hop up the stairs and plop onto the couch.

As I flip through the channels, I find myself slowly getting sleepier and sleepier. The remote falls from my hand to the ground and I recline across the couch, not even bothering to go back into the basement. In seconds I'm asleep.

"Alright, what's cookin?" Dustin asks as he jumps up the stairs the next morning. "Mike?"

I inwardly grown. "Mike's not home."

"Okay, I'll leave a message: what's for breakfast?" He asks.

"Food."

"Waffles, if you want them." Mrs. Wheeler interrupts from the kitchen.

"Okay, thanks Mrs. Wheeler." Dustin grins at my mom.

I get up from the couch and follow Dustin to the kitchen. The rest of the party is behind me.

"Thanks Mom." I say, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. She ruffles my hair as we all grab a seat at the table.

"You guys have anything planned for today?" Mom asks as Will squirts maple syrup onto his breakfast.

"I dunno." I shrug.

"My mom needs me, so I have to head home after this. Sorry." Will frowns.

"That's okay sweetie, just make sure you don't forget anything here." Mrs. Wheeler replies warmly.

"Thanks." Will smiles.

After breakfast, we say goodbye to Will and he takes off on his bike.

We all relax and I flip through the channels on TV. But then Dustin has to go, and shortly after Y/N follows.

Lucas and I are watching TV when the phone in the kitchen rings. It's Mrs. Sinclair asking for Lucas to come home. Lucas tells her he'll be home in a minute, then he hops on his bike and waves goodbye.