Chapter 22: AV Club

"Mom, can you drive me to school? My bike chain popped loose again." You complain that long awaited Friday.

"Sure honey, but I don't know about Monday. We'll try to fix your bike by then." She replies, grabbing her keys.

"Okay that's fine." You say, following her out the door.

You pile into the car and watch the scenery as you go by. The trees, mailboxes, and roads.

Suddenly you remember the boys would be coming to your house to pick you up. You grab your supercomm from your backpack.

"Guys, skip my house. My mom's giving me a ride today. My bike's broken again." You say.

It takes a second for one of them to reply.
"Okay. And say 'over' when you're done so I know you're finished. Over." comes Mike's staticky reply.

"I'm done. Over and out." You roll your eyes, and put your radio away.

The middle school comes into view as your mom stops the car.

"Okay see you after school honey."

"Today I have AV club, it's Friday. I'll just walk home." You say.

"Oh, okay. Just be careful." She tells you.

"Bye Mom. Love you." You say as you shut the car door.

Then it's off to first period.

The only thing that gets you through the day is the promise of AV club after school. Classes today seem to last forever.

You're the only one who doesn't have homeroom with the rest of the party, but you're homeroom is closer to the AV closet than the boy's homeroom so as soon as the bell rings, you're out the door.

You're the first to the door. You grab your key (each member of the party has one) and swing open the door. Then you sit down and get comfortable.

The boys come instantly and sit down as well. Because it was almost the end of the year, you all decided that for the rest of the year you'd just mess around instead of doing actual experiments.

Today you were going to talk after sucking helium out of balloon. Why not?

"Okay. I call first." You say, jumping out of your seat and grabbing the first balloon. You untie it and release some air into your mouth.

"Testing." Your voice sounds like you're eight. "AHHHAHAHAHAH" The boys are cracking up.

"Oh, I've gotta try this." Mike says excitedly, grabbing a balloon with the rest of the boys.

Dustin is the first to speak after inhaling the helium.

"Well hello young ins." He says, his voice indistinguishable from the squeal of a guinea pig.

Will laughs a high pitched laugh.

"Dustin you sound like a hamster." Mike says. Then he gasps. "And so do I."

Lucas and Will are too busy laughing to actually say anything.

This continues for about an hour. You have a regular conversation, except it sounds like it took place four years ago and none of you can actually say a whole sentence without cracking up.