Chapter 6: Change in Perspective

Mike's POV

I walk home, completely stunned. I can't even believe how absolutely stupid I am. I think I'm gonna duct tape my mouth shut. I don't know how I'm going to face Y/N. I'm lost in my thoughts, and before no time, I was home. I plop down onto my bed, not changing, not brushing my teeth, no nothing.

All I knew was I was completely screwed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I did on Saturday was exist. Nothing else. It also consisted of a considerably large amount of mentally punching myself. The boys wanted to hang out, but I came up with great excuses, like:

"Mom's making me clean the couch."

"I have to un-clog my toilet."

"Homework dude."

Overall pretty great day.

The many hours of isolation gave me some time to wander why I just blurted out those stupid words. Stupid, stupid words. 

So after some time, I come to a decision. There's one thing I can do.

Act like nothing happened, like I didn't say anything. Keep up the normal conversations, and the regular inside jokes. Say random crap like "I wanna die" and curse or something. The only problem is that she won't act like that.

Sunday I actually went outside. I needed some time to, I don't know, get some fresh air? I decided to walk in the park. 

While walking, I hear leaves rustle ahead of me. I speed up, making sure not to be seen. I see a lock of Y/H/C hair. I get a closer look. 

It's Y/N. She seems to be talking, but I'm the only one around.

"....but I don't know, honestly." she says, obviously frustrated.

I move closer, not daring to breathe.

"But what the world do I even say to that!" she yells, kicking a rock.

My heart sinks. She's talking about what I said Friday night.

She sighs. "Do you know how socially awkward I am? I just-" She sighs again. "You already know I have absolutely no social skill, and when you just say stuff like that, well, I'm not exactly sure how to respond. I don't think anyone would.  You know what-" She begins to  threat, but trips on a tree root, and cuts her chin. She yells some words my mom would've thrown her out on the streets for, and continues ranting into the air for about a half an hour. I'm surprised how much she had in her.

I walk in the other direction, heading out of the park the other way. I knew I should've kept my stupid mouth shut.  

But there's one thing I'm absolutely certain of.

I have a crush on Y/N.