Chapter 14: Christmas

The wooden brown door swings open, and the face you can't stop thinking about appears behind it.

A light shade of pink spreads across his face as he greets you.

"Hey Y/N, you look awesome. You wanna come in?" he says.

"Thanks." you say. Awesome!

"Mom told me we can't go into the basement today. We have to, like, be social, or something." He explains as he leads you into the living room.

"Ew," you say sitting down on the couch.

"Ugh, I know." he says. "But the boys are already down in there. C'mon."

"Nice," you jump up and dance into the basement. He follows, grinning.

"Hey guys, Y/N's here," Mike announces  as he climbs downstairs.

You follow him. "Hey guys."

Dustin half-waves, Will smiles, and Lucas says hey.

You sit down. "So, what are we doing?"

"Mike, what'd I say? You get your friends and you come up here! It's Christmas!" Mrs. Wheeler calls down.

"Why?" Mike whines.

"Because I say so!" Mrs. Wheeler yells.

"Why?" Mike complains.

"Get up here!"

"Oh God, come on." Mike says. You all climb the stairs.

"Well I guess we should just sit here." Mike says while he leads you all into the living room. You all sit on the couch.

"Now what?" Will asks.

Mike shrugs. "I don't know."

"Well this is a great time." Lucas says.

"Yep." Dustin chuckles.

"Who else is invited?"you ask.

Mike shrugs. "I don't know. Nancy's friends, their siblings, parents, you guys."

"Sounds like fun." Lucas smirks. "Why are we up here? Can't we just go downstairs?"

"Mom says we have to be 'social.'" Mike grumbles.

"With who?" Dustin asks.

"Yeah, there's no one else-" Will starts.

Just then the doorbell rings.

Mrs. Wheeler answers it. It's Nancy and some of her friends.

"Alright everybody, it's time to get out the karaoke machine everyone!" Mrs. Wheeler announces.

You and Lucas discretely share disgusted looks.

"Okay this one is for," Mrs. Wheeler starts as she checks the machine. "5 people. Perfect, Mike, come on up with your friends. Jingle Bell Rock. Mandatory."

"Mom, no." Mike begs.

"Come on." Mrs. Wheeler warns.

Mike looks at you guys. "Come on. let's get this over with."

Please no you beg with your eyes, looking at Mike.

It'll just be a minute, come on.

You pull yourself off the couch with the others, very much aware of everyone's eyes on you. Very much.

You, Lucas, Mike, Will, and Dustin are all lined up in a row with five microphones.

"Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock." Dustin starts nervously.