Chapter 3: New School

"Y/N you're going to be late!" Mom yells.

"Alright, okay Mom I hear you!" you shout.

This was it. The day you've been dreading. You'd never liked school, but being the new girl made school the very bane of your existence. 

You know there's nothing else you can pretend to finish up anymore, so you face the music and start riding.

Your schedule says that you have homeroom with Mr. Clarke first. You realize that you have absolutely no idea where anything is. You'd have to ask someone. 

You look around. You have a feeling that whatever you do, the people here aren't  going to welcome you. Everyone looks like they know each other. Am I the only new kid here? 

No one seems friendly. You were just about to ask the girl who dropped her books, when the bell rings. Suddenly, the hallway is empty.

You're screwed.

"COME ON LUCAS, WE'RE LATE!" someone screams through the hall.

Four boys come in.

"Mr. Clarke is so going to kill us."

Wait a minute.

You run up to them. "Did you say Mr. Clarke? I have him too. Please can you show me where his class is?"

"Yeah yeah yeah sure come on come on!" the curly-haired boy says.

Thank. God.

You follow them into the class. They take their seats in the front, while you move as close to the back as possible.

There's not many differences between this and your old school, except that there's about 300 students in total. Your old school was about three times that.

The rest of the morning was really just the basics, but still you had to try extra hard not to fall asleep.

 At lunch, you have absolutely no clue where to sit. No one likes a new girl. You decide to just sit alone. 

The four boys you'd met that morning come up to you. 

"Sorry, there's no other room, would it be okay if we sat with you?" says the tallest black haired boy.

There was plenty of room, but you let it pass. Your mom told you to try and make some friends anyway.

"Knock yourselves out." you say, gesturing to the empty chairs.

"Thanks." the shortest one says.

You continue to eat, not really talking. You've never been the best at this. It was just awkward.

"Okay, so now  we introduce ourselves!" says the curly-haired boy in a mocking tone.

"I'm Dustin," he says, talking like a toddler. "Now you go buddy!" he continued.

"I'm Lucas." the boy on Dustin's right laughs.

"Will." smiles the next one.

"Mike. What's your  name!" says the last, continuing the toddler  talk.

You raise an eyebrow "Y/N."

"So you like it here?" asks Dustin.

"I don't really know yet to be honest. How is it?" you say.

"You just have to know the right people." says Lucas.

You nod.

"How about we compare schedules?" asks Will.

You shrug and take yours out. You all have Homeroom, Science, and Social Studies together. You and Mike have Math and English too. 

"Lockers too," says Dustin. "I'm at number 12"

"Aw man 67." Lucas sighs.

"I got 49," says Will.

"26." Mike stated.

"Where do you even tell where your locker is?" you ask, feeling like an idiot.

"It says it on the bottom of your schedule." says Mike. He says your at 19, near him.

Just then the bell rings. You and Mike are off to English.

As you ride home that day, you think that maybe you'll be just fine here.