Chapter 4: Life in Hawkins

You're getting used to your new school. You haven't really made any new friends, besides Dustin, Lucas, Will, and Mike. You and the boys have been getting closer and closer since the school year started. It's mid-October, and the boys are already hyped for Halloween. You've got the gist of most of them. You've pegged all the boys as weirdos, but aside from that, here's what you know.

Lucas is the most laid-back. He doesn't really care what you do. But he's really smart. You can tell, although most can't. Sometimes he can be a little stubborn, but then again, so can you.

Dustin has the trashiest mouth you've ever seen, but it doesn't bother you really. (A/N: If you're like me, you're not a stranger to cursing oof) He's always the best person to go to when you're sad, or just plain pissed.

Will is shy and introverted, but once you get to know him he'll open up to you. He also may or may not be the next Pablo Picasso.

Mike. You really haven't pegged Mike as anything yet, even though you always ending up spending the most time with him. You just know he loves his pizza.

You fit in pretty well with them. They're probably the nicest kids in your school. All of the girls have already started obsessing over boys and their hair. Yeah, you'd take the boys over the girls any day.

You ride your bike to school with them every day. You're sort of surprised with how fast they've accepted you into their party. This weekend, they've invited you over to play D&D at Mike's. Whatever that was. You just wanted an excuse to hang out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's Friday afternoon, and you and the boys are heading home from school.

"My place in an hour, okay?" Mike asks.

"You got it." Lucas says.

"Yup." Dustin replies.

You and Will just nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When your mom drops you off at Mike's,(your bike's chain popped loose while you were riding home) you feel excited, and nothing else. Your mom knocks at the door while you're fiddling with your jacket.

"Hello, you must be Y/N?" says the women at the door.

You smile and nod.

"And you're Mrs. Y/L/N?" She continues.

"That's me, and you're Mrs. Wheeler?"

"Yep, come in, come in!" Mrs. Wheeler beams. "MIKE!"

"Eh?" says a familiar voice from the basement.

"Your friend's here!" shouts Mrs. Wheeler.

"Coming!" says Mike, sounding happier.

You hear the quick stomping of feet.

"Hey Y/N, looks like your the first one here. You wanna check out my basement?"

"Sure."

You follow him down carpeted stairs into his basement. There's a table with five chairs set up and tons of snacks. The snacks seemed to brighten your mood.

"So this is pretty much it, what do you think?" He asks.

"I think this is the coolest basement I've ever been in." You say, still looking around.

You don't notice, but a splash of pink spreads across his face. "Thanks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~