Chapter 24: The Disappearance of Y/N Y/L/N

You're in a daze. Completely stunned. No one can rain on your parade. In fact, your parade is waterproof. Mike Wheeler, aka the boy you've been obsessed with ever since you met him, kissed you. Your first kiss. The smile on your face is everlasting, and your mom notices a change in your mood.

"What are you so smiley about hon?" she asks you with a grin.

"I don't know, nothing." you say.

"Okay then." Your Mom says suspiciously.

(A/N: my mom would've interrogated my ass)

Mike had asked if you wanted to go to the pool, and you agreed right away. He radioed you last night like you'd asked.

"Mom, I'm going to the pool with some friends, is that okay?" you ask.

"Sure honey, just be careful. Some little girl disappeared last night. Please, you know I can't lose you."

You know you're incredibly grateful to have parents like you do. "I know. I'll be careful."

You head back into your room and get ready. You put your bathing suit on and pull on a Beatles T-shirt and some cargo shorts over it.

Once you put your flip flops on, you're ready to go. Your backpack consists of sunglasses, sunscreen, a bunch of hair ties, an extra change of clothes, a towel, about $20, your supercomm, and of course, your first-aid kit.

Your heart is singing the whole way, and you don't have a care in the world. You feel like you're dreaming, like nothing could ever go wrong. Your bike is like an airplane gliding through the clouds. (A/N: lol she ain't on LSD)

Your bike rolls across the road, and suddenly you hear a cracking noise and feel your bike wheel lightly shake. Confused, you skid to stop and-Where am I?

The rocky road you've come across is enclosed by woods. You get the chills even though it's well over 90 degrees. You feel like something is meant to go wrong today.

You must have taken a wrong turn. You ran over some glass shards. You're somewhere near the woods apparently. How did I not realize I'm in the middle of nowhere?

You're standing on the outskirts of a forest and see a gate in front of you. Upon further inspection, you read the blue words on the building enclosed by the gate.

HAWKINS POWER AND LIGHT

You're getting nervous. You've never been here before. Heart rate increasing, you lace your fingers in the gate, trying desperately to understand where you are.

Two signs are hung on the fence. One reads:

HAWKINS NATIONAL LABORATORY
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY

You furrow your eyebrows and read the sign under the first.

RESTRICTED AREA

NO TRESPASSING
U.S. GOVERNMENT PROPERTY

You figure that since you didn't intentionally come here, it's not really your fault. But you're still on edge, this place is creepy.

You quickly get back on your bike and start pedaling as fast as you can. Hell no, not today Satan. You don't know where you're going, but you're getting the hell away from this mad house.

Suddenly you hear an ear-splitting scream from inside the facility. You can hear the loud alarm from inside the building.

In your frenzy of panic, your bike pedal scrapes the back of your lower leg.

"Shit!" you yell. You can barely move. You try to roll your bike with your other leg, but a turtle could go faster.

Figuring you need to go as fast as possible, you ditch your bike and speed-limp. Your heart is beating quickly and you can feel the blood rushing in your ears. A million thoughts race through your mind, including what your mom had told you this morning. Does this have something to do with what took that poor little girl?

The alarm is getting louder and louder despite the fact that you're moving away from its source. You ignore the pain and full-out sprint across the rocky road, your backpack forgotten near your bike.

You're running as fast as you can, trying to put as much distance between you and that horrid alarm. Even the birds were flying away.

As you sprint (well, limp really) across the old abandoned road, you catch a glimpse of dark shadowy man in front of you. Your heart rate increases even more somehow and you try your best to pick up the pace, letting out a frightened whimper.

Madly whirling your head around, you trip over yourself. You curse as you push off the ground and keep yourself going.

A sickening sound follows. The sound a bull makes as it's shot with an arrow through the side, with a tinge of a mechanical whir. You scream in horror and a gate comes into view.

"Oh, yes!" You mutter, almost in tears with relief.

You're almost there. Your fingers lace through the steel and you look for the door. Sure that the whatever-the-hell behind you is still there, you give up on the exit and start climbing. Your sneakers wedge in between the wires and you make your way up the 3 feet fence.

At the top, your T-shirt gets stuck on the fence. It tears and pulls you down. Your balance is lost and you feel your head hit the road.

Then everything is black.

(A/N: hA HA ALL YA WEAVES R SNATCHED)