Chapter 17: Sunset

Tomorrow is the last day of winter break, which means I'll shortly be shoved through the gates of hell once more.

I plop down on my basement couch, sighing for the billionth time of the hour.

"Is anyone there? Bueller? Bueller?" Y/N called through her super comm.

(A/N: Bueller is from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, if you haven't seen it cut the crap and watch it asap.)

Grateful for something to do, I leap off the old sofa and answer her.

"Yeah, it's Mike, what's up?" I ask giddily.

"Well, tomorrow marks the end of break. We should all do something together!" She tells me excitedly.

"Totally, but what?" Dustin joins in.

"I don't know, I didn't think I'd get this far." Y/N admits.

I can't help but grin. "Lucas, Will, you there?"

"Present." Will says.

"Yeah, what's up?" Lucas replies.

"We're trying to decide what to do before school starts up again on Monday." Dustin answers.

"I wish we could go to the beach." Will says wistfully, almost to himself.

"Ugh, me too." Y/N agrees.

"Anyone have ideas?" Lucas asks everyone hopefully.

"We could see Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in theaters!" I say, remembering the sign I saw yesterday by the theater.

"Sounds good, can everyone make it?" Dustin asks.

"I can." Y/N says brightly.

"Same for me." I say, a little too eagerly.

"I'm in," Lucas confirms. "Will?"

"I'll be there, what time?" He asks.

"The sign said 3:00." I say.

"Awesome. I got to go now, my Mom needs me. See you guys soon!" Will says brightly before pushing down his super comm's antenna.

"Cool, see you tomorrow." Lucas says, leaving as well.

We all cut off our connections, and I grin. At least I get to end winter break with my best friends.

But as exciting as it is, it's tomorrow. I still have time to kill. After reluctantly checking to make sure I'm ready for the dreaded Monday ahead, I try to make the most of my Saturday.

Once again, I hop onto my bike, not entirely sure where I'm going. If I could go to the lake Y/N showed me on Christmas I would, but my eyes were covered in the forest. I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to go.

I guess I'll just stop in a drug store and get random stuff that'll most likely sit in my room and collect dust. I mean, what else?

As I approach the entrance, I pull on the handle only to be greeted with a door that hasn't moved. Confused, I push instead, and I walk in. So intelligent, I think to myself as I start browsing through the many aisles.

Why am I even here? I wonder to myself.
Shrugging, I continue to weave through the rows of goods.

I know to keep away from the food aisles, nothing good can come from that.