Chapter 31: Channel 7

I follow Y/N through the 'upside down' as we've started to call it.

"Almost there." She tells me.

I jump over a large tree branch. I hope that my theory is right. There should be some sort of entrance to this place where Y/N first woke up here. There has to be.

"Okay, just through- Mike?"

Once again, my head feels like it's splitting open. I panic because I know what's going to happen. I'm going to black out again.

"Mike!" She yells in worry as I fall to the ground.

I manage to choke out three words before my body gives into the pain: "Find the gate!"

I gasp and open my eyes. Coughing, I sit up to find that I was...back home? I was laying down on the couch in my living room, the party surrounding me.

"Wha-" I start.

"He's awake, Mrs. Wheeler!" Dustin says with relief.

Lucas keeps me from getting up. "Keep your head down."

"What happened?" Will asks me.

"I'll tell you when my mom leaves." I tell them.

"Oh, honey I was so worried. Why didn't you go to school?" My mom asks.

"I wanted to look for Y/N." I'm too drained to come up with an excuse.

"Oh sweetie, Mrs. Y/L/N told you not to, didn't she?" She chides, pulling me into a hug.

I nod. "Sorry Mom."

"Oh it's okay, just thank God you're okay, Michael." She exhales.

"Do I need to go to the doctor?" I ask.

My mom shakes her head. "No, only if it happens again. It's pretty hot out there, you're probably dehydrated."

"Okay, good." I sigh in relief.

When my mom steps out to answer the phone, I whisper to my friends.

"Once you get home, channel 7. Okay?" I ask quietly.

"Sure, but I can't go home. My mom would flip cause I'm not in school." Dustin says.

"Me too." Will says.

"Me three." Lucas adds.

"Well where'll you go?"

"We'll find somewhere, right?" Dustin says reassuringly.

"Yep." Lucas says as Will nods in agreement.

"Well alright." I shrug.

As if on cue, my mom rushes back into the room.

"Now, you boys go straight home, okay? Your parents know you're not in school. They're expecting you." She says sternly.

Dustin mutters a curse.

"Okay, sorry Mrs. Wheeler." Lucas says as the three head out the door, closing it with a light bang.

"Michael, I don't want you ever to pull something like that again, understand?"

I nod.

"Okay, good. The police are doing everything they can. I know Y/N's mom has been looking nonstop. We have to trust them." She says.